To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Read-only mode after signing up for Family Trial.

Comments

• runlikemad
    runlikemad
    Community Member
    Options

I bought my copy of 1P way back, about 6 or 7 years ago, before there were secret keys... so, when I went to "Migrate my data" as the link you posted above said I should, I cannot do anything as I don't have a secret key, nor do I have a "Sign-In Address" - so how do I get around this and enter/edit new data?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@runlikemad: Indeed, the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com, is if you had signed up for a 1Password membership within the past few years. This guide will take you through signing up, migrating your data, and setting up all of your devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

That way you'll be able to access your 1Password data across all your devices without having to configure sync or purchase different versions of 1Password; it's all included in the subscription, so you just sign into your account on each device.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• runlikemad
    runlikemad
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hey Brenty,
    So the thing is, I don't want to sign up for a membership. I bought the program for $10 or $15 whatever it was way back then, and am happy with it, but are you saying that I MUST now PAY for a membership if I want to get out of read only mode? I understand there are a ton of new features and great things - but I just need the simple basic features I've been using for the last 6 or 7 years and that includes the ability to ADD new logins and passwords etc...

How can I RE-gain that functionality without having to pay for a monthly (or yearly or whatever) membership?

thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019
    Options

@runlikemad

Membership is a subscription service and is the way forward with 1Password. 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If ultimately you decide you'd prefer to continue with a license please see this guide:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Licenses are typically $65 USD + tax for each platform (Mac or Windows), but currently (as of writing) they are on sale for a limited time for $50 USD + tax for each platform.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.