Authentication Error [Improved in 7.4.740]

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

What does this error means? And despite this error I am able to do everything. What it indicates?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Abhijit this error happens when app fails to authenticate with server. It can be due to network connectivity issue or when you change your master password/regenerate secret key. If it was connectivity issue, it normally should resolve itself when network comes back online or you can force it to reconnect by locking/unlocking app.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

None of this is true for me. Nither I had changed my master password nor there is any network issue (as I am still getting the error when I am responding to you.) And it is not resolving itself also. Please review.

This is with the Beta chromium based EDGE browser.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Abhijit, we need to look into Diagnostics Report ( https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ ), can you email it to us and post ticket number here please?

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I had already mailed the diagnostic report. Where I can find the ticket number?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• No need to worry about it, @Abhijit, I found your e-mail and replied. We can continue the conversation over e-mail from here. :chuffed:

ref: NBP-22852-839

• It is not, but thanks for bringing it up.

• cgerson_live_com
    cgerson_live_com
    Community Member

bundkate, I've been seeing the same thing as Abhijit for the past several days. Can you include me in the email discussion?

• Any conversations we have over e-mail are kept private, @cgerson_live_com. We can, of course, do quite a lot to help publicly here on the forum and many issues we resolves over e-mail could likely be discussed here as well, but when folks e-mail us, we assume they don't wish to share the information they're sending us with the public (or anyone else). In addition, these issues tend to happen either because you changed your Master Password or Secret Key or as a result of connection problems which are usually unique to your particular setup. If you've changed your Master Password or other 1Password credentials, click the error banner and sign in again with the new credentials and that should sort things out. If you haven't, check that 1Password is whitelisted in any security software you use, like an anti-virus or firewall. If you're still having trouble, send your own diagnostics report as Sergey described earlier and we can take a look. :+1:

• Mark Schulman
    Mark Schulman
    Community Member

Having the same issue, every time I am using the Windows version with Windows 10. Just sent Support an email with the Diagnostics Report attached.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mark Schulman,

I found your email (and a report) on our side. We will take a look and get back to you via email. Thanks! :+1:

ref: SWG-77742-549

• iHanz
    iHanz
    Community Member

Dears, no update here for I while. I have the same issue on several Win 10 machines I use. Additionally I add that when I do follow the advise to sign in, all my entries disappear for a while. Looking at empty vaults I then need to close and reopen before all is fine again. Also that is behaviour is consistent. Soon after it starts over again. Will send in my diagnostic report too.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iHanz,

I have found your report on our side. Will take a closer look and get back to you via email. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: VVG-11962-713

• jfalkingham
    jfalkingham
    Community Member

Hello,

I have been getting the same error on the latest beta release. No network issues here. I ignore it, but it keeps coming back. Where can I send the diagnostic report?

• Hi @jfalkingham,

Are you on 1Password 7.4.740 right now? That should happen far less with the latest beta 2 release.

• jfalkingham
    jfalkingham
    Community Member

@MikeT thank you just updated to .740 - will report if I still see it regularly. So far so good though.

• That's good to hear, please do keep us informed of any changes.

It may still happen but you can just ignore it.

We're working on removing the banner automatically if it works on the second authentication retry.

This discussion has been closed.