Disable 1Password X filling on selected inputs

It would be great if you could disable 1Password X on certain inputs as needed. For example, in our project management application, you can assign tasks to specific users. 1Password X identifies that field as fillable as the dropdown for it then conflicts with the dropdown for selecting the user to assign.

It would be awesome if you could mark that field to "never be filled" or similar?

Attached a screenshot to show the issue.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.16.5
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Hey @nocabt! That's a solid request, and it's something we could consider down the road. In a perfect world, we wouldn't need a feature like that because 1Password X would only offer to fill fields that you want filled. That's not always the case, though, so I understand why it'd be useful. I went ahead and added your vote to our issue requesting the ability for 1Password X to ignore filling a specific field chosen by the user.

Out of curiosity, are you able to click the 1Password X icon inside the field to close the inline menu? After that, can you use the dropdown behind it like normal?

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to get the original issue of 1Password X appearing in that field reported to our developers. Are you able to share the website you're using so I can attempt to test it out myself?

ref: x/b5x#161

• nocabt
    nocabt
    Community Member

Hi there! The site we're using is Wrike.com, a popular project management solution. I am able to click the icon to close it, and use it as normal, yes.

Strangely; the issue seems to have stopped on the input I sent the screenshot of, however it does occur still on some other inputs. For example, see attached. I'm happy to get you an account in our Wrike to test, I'm not sure if they have a free trial or not.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much, @nocabt! It looks like I'm able to start a free trial, so I should be good. I appreciate the offer, though. I'm having a hard time finding the page in your last screenshot. Would you mind sharing the steps you took to get there?

• nocabt
    nocabt
    Community Member

For sure. This is under Account Management, if you click on your avatar in the upper right and the click "Account management," however that might not be available for the trial plan level?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@nocabt – You rock! I got it. I've passed the report along to our developers. I'm not too sure how we'd go about distinguishing that this is an email field we don't want filled, so I'll leave it up to them to investigate it further. Thanks for the original request and for getting this one on our radar. :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#619

• apasternak
    apasternak
    Community Member

I was having the same issue, and came to the forums looking for help. However, this seems to be a duplicate of existing issue
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102699/disable-1password-in-asanas-fields

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know you're running into the same issues, @apasternak. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, are you nothing the issue on wrike.com or are you referring to a different website?

• apasternak
    apasternak
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@kaitlyn, they appear to be the same issue as far as 1P showing an icon on an input field, and then disruptively overlaying the fill suggestions (from the site itself, not the browser's form fill history) with its suggestions list, when the field is clicked.

We discussed the "hide on page" feature in the other thread, but that may be too broad. The option that would make sense to me is "don't show yourself for this field", where it would maybe store the field ID to ignore for a particular site.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@apasternak – I see what you're saying. The root issue is that the 1Password icon is appearing in a field that you're not wanting filled. Could you let me know the website URL you're experiencing on as well as the field that 1Password is appearing in when you don't feel it should be? I'd love to do some testing on my end and get it reported to our developers.

• apasternak
    apasternak
    Community Member

@kaitlyn, I think we're confusing the conversation by having it across two similar threads, so can you please refer to the other issue I referenced earlier? I gave both the URL format and field HTML there. I'm surprised one thread wasn't closed as duplicate of the other, unless there's a difference I'm missing.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102699/disable-1password-in-asanas-fields

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I agree – posting in multiple places is confusing. Let's keep it to the other thread. Thanks for catching that for me!

This discussion has been closed.