Upgrade from ver6 to ver7 problem

Options
Yamboon
Yamboon
Community Member

I've just upgraded from ver6 to ver7 on my mac, but it appears to be treating me as unlicensed. 1Password 7 appears in my dock and also in my browser but I can't use any of the logins listed. It wants me to add an account? but I can't find any account on formation on my mac or on my iphone ie the QR code it is asking for.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: OS X10.13.6
Sync Type: WIFI & iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:problem upgrading ver6 to ver7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Yamboon - I'm sorry for the confusion!

I've just upgraded from ver6 to ver7 on my mac, but it appears to be treating me as unlicensed.

Did you purchase a standalone license for version 7? As an entirely new full-version, 1Password 7 for Mac is a paid upgrade. The behavior you're describing (unable to add, delete or edit data, and unable to use the browser extension) sounds exactly like what happens when 1Password 7 for Mac is unlicensed.

There are two ways you can pay for 1Password 7 for Mac -- by purchasing a standalone license like we've always sold, or (our recommendation, for many reasons a 1password.com membership. If you downloaded/installed 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store, that version is membership-only, so if you want a standalone license, you'll need to fully quit 1Password, delete it and install the version from our downloads page. Hope that helps, but let us know if you have any further questions! :)

• Yamboon
    Yamboon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, all sorted.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Yamboon - excellent! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.