1Password Desktop hotkeys

Can we get 1PW X copy hotkeys in the desktop app?

Specifically:

Shift + Alt + C Copy the username of the selected item.
Shift + Ctrl + C Copy the password of the selected item.

Or at least make hotkeys configurable so that it works the way we prefer it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markwoon,

Thank you for your suggestion!

It would be really cool to customise the existing shortcuts in 1Password 7 for Windows, so I will pass your feedback to our team. However, we are busy with other higher priority issues, so it might take time and I can't make any promises right now. We also have plans to add the desktop app integration to 1Password X on Windows (as we did on Mac), but no timeframes here as well.

If you have any other questions, feel free to raise them anytime. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

Even if we can't customize, it would be nice if at least 1PW products used standard keybindings throughout.

• We do try to keep hotkeys consistent, @markwoon, but with 1Password X that wasn't always possible. Some keybindings that are normally free may be used in one of the supported browsers. You even see this with the shortcut to unlock 1Password X – it's Ctrl + Shift + X in Chrome but Ctrl + . in Firefox because Ctrl + Shift + X is taken. For what it may be worth, Ctrl + Shift + C does already work in the desktop app and will show the copy menu. You need to tack on some down arrows to select the field you want to copy, but it's partway there. :+1:

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member

OK, but now I'm curious why Ctrl + \ wasn't for 1PW X...

And I'll add that 1PW 7 changed the copy keybindings from 1PW 4 as well for no obvious reason. It made me very sad when I made the switch to discover that Ctrl + Shift + C no longer did what it used to do.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

OK, but now I'm curious why Ctrl + \ wasn't for 1PW X...

@markwoon: Good catch! It's because extensions can't grab that shortcut; only the desktop apps can listen for it (and many others). Something running solely in the browser, like 1Password X, is limited in what is available.

And I'll add that 1PW 7 changed the copy keybindings from 1PW 4 as well for no obvious reason. It made me very sad when I made the switch to discover that Ctrl + Shift + C no longer did what it used to do.

We didn't change it. 1Password mini just doesn't have that feature yet. I suspect we will use similar shortcuts to 1Password for Mac once it does though, so it's easy for people to use 1Password across platforms, as most do now.

This discussion has been closed.