To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I pay for a license for 1Password 7 for my Mac???

Chairperson
Chairperson
Community Member

I really prefer to buy a license rather than a subscription!!! I have a license for 1Password 6. (Please don't ask if I got it through the Mac APP store or directly from 1Password. I'm guessing directly, but I'm not sure. It's been a while since I bought the program / app.) I signed up for 1Password 7 on June 8 through 1Password directly, and I had hoped to be able to buy a license as the trial period ended. I am now 4 days from the trial ending, and I will happily buy a license for 1Password 7 (I have 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301008) currently installed.) My "trial" period ends on July 12. Worst case scenario, I can reinstall 1Password 6 from my back-ups if I need to, but I'd rather pay for an upgrade to 7. Please tell me what my possibilities are. When I go to "Billing" at the 1Password site, the only option is a subscription.

1Password Version: Version 7.3.1
Extension Version: No idea
OS Version: Mac 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

What you have signed up for is a membership for 1Password that includes the usage of all apps (of course also 1Password 7 for every platform). What you appearently wanted is to buy a license for 1Password 7 for mac.
    For that you need to migrate your data into a primary vault, delete the account from the app and then download the version from the 1password.com/downloads website. If that is done you can buy a license from within the app.

However if you use 1Password on multiple devices I would recommend the membership since usage of all apps is included.

• Chairperson
    Chairperson
    Community Member

Thank you! I'll give this a try. In going back over my records, I've been using 1Password since 1Password 3! I'm not sure I know what a "primary vault" is, but I'll do some research and try to work this out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Chairperson! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and ask your questions; it's what we're here for. :)

Please don't ask if I got it through the Mac APP store or directly from 1Password. I'm guessing directly, but I'm not sure.

You can easily check in either the Mac App Store itself (check the "Purchased" section) or by opening 1Password and clicking "About" in the 1Password menu item; that will show you whether you've got our version or the Mac App Store version.

peacekeeper is correct - you've signed up for a 1password.com account/subscription. If that's not what you wanted to do, then you would need to follow these instructions to migrate your data back to a standalone setup (local, "Primary" vault).

I'd give some serious thought to the 1password.com account you've already got going; there are many advantages to a 1password.com account, including access to all four of our 1Password apps (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), including all future upgrades, for as long as you maintain the account. But ultimately, the choice is yours. If you decide to switch back to standalone, once you sign out of the account (the last step in the process), your data will be in Read Only mode. Just click the Read Only badge on any of your 1Password items, and you'll be given instructions on how to purchase a standalone license.

• Chairperson
    Chairperson
    Community Member

I was able to buy a license successfully! Many thanks for your help. I also reinstalled 1Password7 so I have now duplicated everything in my records, but I'll straighten that out pretty quickly I think. Many thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Chairperson: If you have actual duplicates, Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items can help. :)

This discussion has been closed.