1Password Family standalone (5 user) for upgrade to 1Password 7 in mode standalone 5 user also

jorgegarcia
jorgegarcia
Community Member

I bought the local family license of 1Password 6 for 5 users with Windows and Mac . I wanted to be able to buy another license to upgrade to version 7 but not in subscription mode. When installing version 7 and click on buy I only get the option for a single user 49 $. Could you tell me if there is any option to have a license for several users for use with Mac?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: 1Password 6 for Mac Licence Family

Comments

• Hi @jorgegarcia,

We no longer sell multi-user licenses. If you have multiple family members that want to use 1Password then 1Password Families is going to provider much better value than buying licenses.

Thanks!

Ben

• skoozz
    skoozz
    Community Member

I'm with Jorge, purchased 1Password 3, upgraded to 1 Password 4 Family License (5 user), upgraded to 5 and 6. Don't want forever payment subscription. Why don't you offer 1Password 7 family license? Subscription payments for everything in the universe is not in our budget. Please consider offering standalone family licenses again. As it is, we can barely use 1Password 6 now...very sad indeed. Come on Dave Teare, have a heart for the families... :)

• We absolutely have a heart for families which is why we offer 1Password Families at a very reasonable $5 USD / mo for up to 5 people which includes all upgrades for the client apps. I'd encourage you to give it a try - you may change your mind. :)

Ben

• skoozz
    skoozz
    Community Member

We paid $35 to upgrade to family license of 5. $35 vs $5 per year $60 is a big expense comparatively. Sorry Dave, it was nice while it lasted. Looking for alternatives now...because NOT everyone wants their heads in the clouds

• Best of luck, @skoozz. If you change your mind we'll be happy to help in any way we can.

Ben

• skoozz
    skoozz
    Community Member

Interesting Response Email--not here on forum. Ben mentioned you in 1Password Family standalone (5 user) for upgrade to 1Password 7 in mode standalone 5 user also
    Best of luck, @skoozz. If you change your mind we'll be happy to help in any way we can. Ben

• @skoozz

I did post that on the forum... it is directly above your reply. :)

Ben

• skoozz
    skoozz
    Community Member

interesting how it "just" showed up after i responded. Dave Teare we miss you.

• It was showing immediately after I posted for me - perhaps a refresh was required?
    Dave is still here at the helm. :)

Ben

• jorgegarcia
    jorgegarcia
    Community Member

this is the option that you left: https://bitwarden.com/ 1$ for family or free It’s better option

• Hey @jorgegarcia

I'm glad to hear you've found a solution that works for you, but being this is the 1Password Support Forum, it isn't the appropriate venue to advertise for competing services. Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.