Missing Identities category on Mac Mini 7.3.1

plabrum
plabrum
Community Member

I am missing the Identities category in Mac Mini, When I search in the Mini for a specific identity, I get 0 results. When I open iPassword, Identities is in the sidebar and is populated. I checked the vault locations, the identity entries are in the "on iCloud:Primary" vault (the only vault I have)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Missing Identities category on Mac Mini 7.3.1

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plabrum - I'm sorry for the trouble! How are you searching? Using some title you created for the entry? A name or address? Something else? We've had no other reports of the Identities category not appearing in Search in 1Password for Mac's mini.

• plabrum
    plabrum
    Community Member

Lars, I have a category named "Identities". It contains two items, my and my wife's id data (DOB, address, email address, driver's license, etc). I can access these through the sidebar of 1Password. The category "Identities" is in teh Categories list on the sidebar. However, when I open the Mini in Firefox, "Identities" does not show up in the list categories. I also can not search for either of my id items in the category. Hope that clarifies my dilemma.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plabrum - thanks. Are you able to invoke the mini/extension, then click the drop-down menu and choose the Identities category there? If you don't see the Identities category in the mini's sidebar, it likely means you don't have any actual Identity items. To verify this, look at the main window of 1Password 7 for Mac, at the Categories section there. This works on the same principle: if you don't have any items of a certain category, that category is not displayed in the sidebar. Let me know what you discover.

• plabrum
    plabrum
    Community Member

In the Mini sidebar pull down there is no "Identities" category. However, when I open the main window of 1Password 7 for Mac, in that sidebar there is a category named "Identities". When I open "Identities" I have 2 items. Both are populated with my data for each.

• plabrum
    plabrum
    Community Member

I just created a new identities item in the main 1Password. Now "Identities" shows up as a category in Mini and the new test item can be accessed. So it looks like the two original items are not associated with the Identities category in my database.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plabrum - when you click the Identities category in the main 1Password for Mac window, do you now see all three items there -- the two that didn't show up in the mini and the one you just created?

• plabrum
    plabrum
    Community Member

yes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@plabrum: It sounds like you've edited to set those items' "Display" option to "Never in browser". Can you check that?

• plabrum
    plabrum
    Community Member

How do I find options for items?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@plabrum - in the main 1Password window (not the mini/extension), click the item in the list, then click "Edit." Scroll down, and between the Tags header and the View Saved Form Details button, you'll see an option labeled "display" with a drop-down menu that can be set to either "Suggest in browser" or "Never suggest in browser"

If you have it set to never display, that will be why you don't see it in the mini/browser. If that's not the issue, let us know.

• plabrum
    plabrum
    Community Member

Issue solved. Thank you. However, I never manually changed that setting and theses items were displayed in the browser prior to 7.3. Again, many thanks!

• Thanks for the update @plabrum. As far as I'm aware we've never had code in place to change that value automatically so that's a bit strange, but in any event I'm glad to hear it worked out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.