Use CMD-\ instead of CMD-. as shortcut

Options

Why can't I use CMD-\ as the "Open with keyboard" shortcut for 1Password X (I've removed it from 1Password itself). My general workflow before 1Password X was to use CMD-/ to show 1P and CMD-\ to fill a login ... and I'd like to maintain that workflow with 1Password X --- or am I not understanding how the browser plugin and the app are supposed to work together?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301008)
Extension Version: version 1.15.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @fncll! For reference, here's the list of 1Password X keyboard shortcuts. You can use cmd + return to accomplish the same thing (Go & Fill) in 1Password X that you've been using cmd + backslash for in 1Password for Mac.

...am I not understanding how the browser plugin and the app are supposed to work together?

1Password X is designed to work independently of a native 1Password app (for Mac OR Windows). If you have 1Password X installed, it doesn't "work together" with the local app at all, unless you've got the beta of both apps installed and you're using Chrome ONLY (not Firefox), which will allow Desktop App Integration. Otherwise, there's literally no communication between the local 1Password for Windows or 1Password for Mac app and 1Password X. It may appear that way, since both are synced with the same 1password.com account, but unless you've got the setup I just described, there's no communication between the two. We hope to roll this out into the stable channel in the future, and also expand it to other browsers, but for now it remains a beta feature. Hope that's helpful. :)

• fncll
    fncll
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad Lars was able to help you out, @fncll! We'll be here if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.