1Password is closed when I click on the Lock button

1Password is closed instead of locked when I click on the Lock button.
This is also happens with the shortcut Windows + shift + L.

Is this normal or is this a minor issue that needs to be corrected.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (1903)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Hi @Martijnn,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It sounds like 1Password 7 crashes on your computer and we need to find out why. I will send you an email on how you can share a diagnostics report from your computer, so we could take a closer look. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: LWE-65521-322

• asclark
    asclark
    Community Member

@Greg

I also get this from time-to-time. It doesn't really bother me - I actually quite like the fact that it saves me from clicking the (x).
    However, if you do want to fix it, send me the email too, and when it happens again, I will get the diagnostics.

Andrew.

• I've actually seen this too, @asclark. I don't think it actually is a crash, but just the main window closing when you lock. I've not managed to pin down the circumstances that lead to it closing, but I've seen it on my machine too. Like you, it doesn't bother me much as if I need the main app after, I can Ctrl + Shift + \ to bring it right back up. I'd wager most folks feel about the same so pinning it down hasn't been a super high priority. I do appreciate you sharing that you experience this as well, though. It helps when setting priorities to know how many are impacted and how.

I don't think we'll likely need logs from you since this is something I can reproduce (however unreliably), but what would help is if you could report back if you find any particular action that seems to trigger it. As I said, about all I've been able to confirm is that it only seems to happen once per session. If it happens once, I'll have to reboot (and perhaps wait) for it to happen again. Restarting the app doesn't seem to trigger it again either. Ideally, though, I'd like reliable steps to reproduce and I've not found them just yet so if you have thoughts, I'd welcome them. :+1:

• asclark
    asclark
    Community Member

Thanks for the second time today @bundtkate . I've not been able to consistently produce the symptom.
    However, this has given me a thought for a great feature request.
    Can we have an option for intentional "Lock and Close [not exit] 1Password" please?
    Thanks!

• I'll certain pass your suggestion along to the team, @asclark. For now, you can press Windows + Shift + L to lock followed by Alt + F4 to close (but not quit). :+1:

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member

I don't like it that 1Password closes after I lock my vaults.

🔒My 1Password window doesn't always have to be closed. Can you make a possibility to close the 1Password window automatically when locking 1Password?💡 I personally don't need this, but for some people it can be useful.

• Hi @Martijnn,

We'll keep it under consideration, there are major changes we're making internally that will likely do this by default anyway.

This discussion has been closed.