Option to conceal non-"password" fields

Options

It would be just delightful if I could use the right-click -> "Conceal"/"Reveal" feature to conceal text that wasn't a password. Currently - sensitive stuff like Device IDs or other non-random fields must be stored as either some always revealed "Text/Phone/URL" field or be flagged as a "weak" password cluttering my Watchtower report.

Thanks for the otherwise fantastic product and enjoyable podcast.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 1903
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• I did some testing myself, @hexatriene, and I'm not seeing that custom password fields show up as weak passwords in Watchtower. Are you seeing this in 1Password for Windows, or another app? Maybe it's a particular item type where you're seeing it? My general advice is to use password fields, but that's in part because I haven't noticed that the various things I save in those fields are in any way cluttering up Watchtower. Some of them are PINs, so they're definitely weak, but they don't pop up. But, perhaps there's a scenario where they do show up that I've missed.

• hexatriene
    hexatriene
    Community Member
    Options

Ah - right you are, custom password fields don't show up in watch tower. OK nm - user misunderstanding.

• No worries at all, @hexatriene. Even I had to test it to be sure, so I definitely wouldn't expect you to know. Glad to hear it's not causing the fuss you (quite reasonably, in my opinion) thought it might. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.