onepassword does not offer to save password/login for this website

Hi,

I want 1password to remember and fill in login details for this website: https://saint-ismier.les-parents-services.com/, but 1password does not offer to remember a login for this site, and if I create a login entry manually in 1password, it does not offer to fill in the details when I navigate to the site. I realise that this site is an oddbal to say the least.

How does 1password decide when to fill a field ? I am an IT engineer, and so should be able to fix this if the mechanism is explained to me, but I could not find any technical details in my cursory look at the KB.

Any help appreciated.

I use chrome (up to date).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:onepassword does not offer to save password for this website

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @caliloo! I'm glad you brought this to our attention. It looks like the sign-in form of the website you shared contains two password fields. I understand why that would confuse 1Password X since the typical sign-in form contains a text field and a password field. That said, I've found a workaround that allows me to fill from the 1Password X popup. It does take some small adjustments to the Login item, though. I'm curious if you're using a Mac or a Windows computer. The steps for each are a bit different, so I want to make sure. Let me know!

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Hi,

I'm using windows 10 (it's in the specs at the bottom of my post), and the chrome extension. Not sure what you mean by the "1Password X" popup, thanks for your reply !

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@caliloo – I'm so sorry I missed the "Windows 10" in your original post! Do you happen to have 1Password for Windows installed on your computer as well? If so, I should be able to send you the Login item I've tweaked to get things filling for you on this site. I won't be able to attach an item over the forum, though. If you wouldn't mind sending an email to support@1password.com, that'd be great! Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your email before sending it:

[#GIY-41886-759]

This will link your email to our current discussion. Thanks!

ref: GIY-41886-759

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member

Hi,

Quick answer before taking care of the kids (its the weekend here).
    I don't have 1password installed on widows sorry, only the chrome extension. What advantages does it carry over the extension ?

Will look at it monday. Thanks for your answer.

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn,

Looking into it with a clear mind, I've been using 1password X all along, never had the 1password app, nor the regular browser extension. (So on windows). Do you mind sharing the trick you mentioned in your first message ?

Cheers,
    Charles.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@caliloo – My plan was to share the Login item I created that I've got working on https://saint-ismier.les-parents-services.com. The reason it would require the 1Password for Windows desktop app is that you'll have to edit the Web Form Details within the item to reflect your own credentials instead of the dummy credentials I have in there now. That small step can only be done in our desktop apps (1Password for Windows or 1Password for Mac), though. It's in no way required that you have the desktop app since 1Password X can handle everything you need, but for this particular workaround, it would be necessary.

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member

Hey,

ok I've got 1password for windows, and the regular extension installed. I've just sent a mail to support@1password.com ... let's see what happens once the web form details are edited

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@caliloo – Thanks so much! I went ahead and responded through email so I could properly attach my Login item. :)

ref: GIY-41886-759

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member

@kaitlyn - I got your mail with the pif file, and now it works fine. Thanks a lot for the time.

Now the item complains that the password is in HaveIbeenPowned.. Sigh. I know it's a dumb password, I just cant change it though. Any chance I can mute/ack this alert somehow ?

Cheers
    Charles.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@caliloo – I'm glad to hear the item is filling for you now! The only way to dismiss that would be to change the password or turn the haveibeenpwned feature off altogether. Does the website not allow you to change your password?

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member

@kaitlyn - No this website doesnt ... :( to be able to mute the haveibeenpwned alert per login, that would be nice. Is there a place where we can request features ?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@caliloo – Typically, feature requests are made on the forum in the proper categories. This is the 1Password X category, for example. Where are you noticing the alert?

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member

@kaitlyn I see the alert in the 1password windows program in the header of a login "page" and on the vulnerable password count

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@caliloo – Thanks for clarifying! I'll pass the request along to our Windows team. :)

• caliloo
    caliloo
    Community Member

no probs, you can close this ticket/topic, if thats a thing. thanks for your help.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@caliloo – Of course! Threads remain open here just in case another user runs into a similar issue and decides to comment, but we can consider the case closed for now. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach back out!

This discussion has been closed.