Just upgraded, loaded 1Password7, and migrated . Now I have duplicate entries. How do I clear them?

Options
dkm6266
dkm6266
Community Member

I think I got it all in the title, just got a new subscription to 1Password cloud account. Running Mac OS Mojave. Also, I had to use my old support account password to get to support, the new account pw didn't work. Same email account as userid. How do I clean this up?
Thanks!
Dave

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300020)
Extension Version: none yet
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.5 (18F132)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrade to subscription created duplicate entries, how do I clear out the duplicates?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dkm6266

It sounds like you may have missed the last step of the migration process (deleting the Primary vault):

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Could you please check and see if the Primary vault is still hanging around, and if so if removing it resolves the issue?

Ben

• tonylop33
    tonylop33
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I seemed to have missed the step on Deleting the Primary vault. At least I think that is why I have duplicates on my iPhone.
    How do I delete it after the fact?

• Ben
    Options

@tonylop33

The guide I linked in my last post above has those instructions. :)

Ben

• tonylop33
    tonylop33
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I did not scroll down far enough.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

• nelly2010
    nelly2010
    Community Member
    Options

So, I have a similar problem. But I have deleted my old primary vault (s?). I have a private vault with 735 duplicates, and a shared vault with 0 entries. I still have to add 1P7 to my Mac Air and my iPad. The duplicates exist on both my phone and Mac. What do I do now?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nelly2010:

You can try using the duplicate removal tool under the 1Password app's Help menu > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items. Make sure you switch to your Private vault first, or the menu item will be greyed out.

This discussion has been closed.