Marking accounts as 2FA enabled

Options
testastretta
testastretta
Community Member

1P is reminding me about accounts that support 2FA to enable it. In the present beta version, the only way to do this is to scan in a QR code. I don't understand why this is required; certainly my auth app needs it, but does 1P? I should be able to indicate that I've already done so.

If I'm missing something, please educate me. If not, consider this a feature request. Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2.BETA-0 (70302000) 1Passw
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1P
Referrer: forum-search:2fa

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@testastretta: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It's not magic. :) There is only one way for 1Password to know that you've setup two-factor authentication for an account you have a Login saved for: you have to tell it so. There are two ways to accomplish this:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, kind sir. I figured out that clicking "Don't Save in 1Password" clears it and adds the 2FA tag. Very minor nit, but the language is subject to interpretation. Maybe another button "2FA already enabled" which does the same thing?

Appreciate the prompt support, as always.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, you're very welcome! Sorry about the confusion there though. "Don't Save in 1Password" is literally just you telling 1Password not to save login credentials when prompted after logging into a website. Honestly, we want to get away from abusing tags for this purpose, so we're working to come up with a more flexible solution. Perhaps we can add a button in the process of redesigning this. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.