1Password not opening websites

gdtaper1952
gdtaper1952
Community Member

I'm using Mac 10.14.5 Mojave and IOS 12.3.1 and 1Password 6.8.8. On both systems, clicking on 1Password login only takes me to the established client site but still asks for password, so I have to always go back to where passwords are displayed in 1Password to copy and paste it or retype it by memory into the client site. I thought iPassword, for example, with one click should take me right into my banking site without typing in a password. This has been going on since before I went to Mojave and when I was in High Sierra, in fact for years. I do not understand 1Password extensions. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5 Mojave/IOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

One more comment - my browser 67.0.4 Firefox. I have discontinued using Safari long ago as I had way too many problems.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gdtaper1952!

Have you installed the 1Password browser extension for Firefox already? If you did, can you please let us know what version you are currently using?

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

I will try that tomorrow on my laptop and report back.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @gdtaper1952. Sounds good :)

Please keep us posted!

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

I have done two things: updated Firefox to 68.0, and installed the 1Password extension, restarted the computer. What should I do next? Sorry for the delayed response.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gdtaper1952 - one of the reasons 1Password might not fill information from a saved Login item into the website you're trying to sign into is that the version you're using isn't one you have a license for - or a 1password.com membership. Could that be possible? Is your copy of 1Password for Mac from us directly or from the Mac App Store? When you look at your items in the main 1Password window, do you see a Read Only badge on each of your items, up near the top-right corner?

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

I have done two things: updated Firefox to 68.0, and installed the 1Password extension, restarted the computer. What should I do next? Sorry for the delayed response.

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

Hi Lars. My items do not show Read Only anywhere. Looking at "About 1Password", here's a screen shot that does say AppStore.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gdtaper1952 - OK, thanks for the additional information and screenshot. Can you please let me know the exact steps you're taking to get this undesired result? Are you starting in the main 1Password app? The mini? What specifically do you click and what's not happening the way you expect?

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

1) Open 1Password desktop app - or IOS app. 2) Give password. 3) Select Logins. 4) Click on selection - Chase Banking. 5) Click on highlighted site to the right of Login (Above Home page) with open and fill selected (https://chaseonline.chase.com/). 6) Banking site opens with user name filled in, but password still required. 7) After typing password, site opens further as usual.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gdtaper1952 - your response wasn't delayed - it was only a minute after mine. I didn't mean what things have you re-installed/updated, I meant: what specific steps are you taking to try to get 1Password to fill, when it's not behaving as you think it should?

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

See above for the steps taken.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gdtaper1952:

Does this happen with every website? If you click on any other item in 1Password, does it always only fill your username on the page?

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana: YES, now sites seem to be working with just an enter click, passwords are filling in. All except Chase banking. I am going to set up that one all over again and see if it works. If that's the only password I have to remember, that's not so bad. Thanks to you and Lars for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gdtaper1952: If you have trouble with Chase, let me know the specifics. I've got accounts with them and will be happy to help. :)

• gdtaper1952
    gdtaper1952
    Community Member

Will do, brenty. Thank you.

• :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.