Outlook Web Access (OWA) exclude fields

Options

Hi there,
i'm using Outlook Web Access WebApp with a custom domain. OnePassword X always opens its password suggest layer on the "to" and "cc" (etc.) fields, when writing new e-mails. It's layered on top of OWA's contact suggest fields, so i can't select a contact there. Is it possible to set specific fields for sites, where 1password should not be triggered by?

I'm using Chrome Browser, 1Password X (v. 1.15.2) on Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2 LTS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:outlook web access

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi @dtdev – solid question! While it's not possible to disable the inline menu on certain fields/domains, it's been requested here in the past. Ultimately, the 1Password X icon should only be shown when something's relevant to fill – whether that be a Login, a Credit Card, or an Identity. I believe it'll want to fill an Identity here, but I'm curious what the HTML looks like. Would you mind either sharing the URL if it's accessible or inspecting the field in question (right-click > Inspect) and posting a screenshot of the code?

ref: x/b5x#161

• dtdev
    dtdev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaltlyn,
    i've attached a screenshot file with the html fields as this comment editor seems to remove html markup from with input fields :-)

My "quick fix" for this moment is, to disable "autofill on input focus" in the extension settings. But maybe you can exclude these owa-fields in future updates?

Thanks for you reply and help!

Best regards
    Daniel

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtdev – Thanks so much! Disabling the "autofill on input focus" is one way to do it. I'm also wondering if you have any luck simply clicking the 1Password icon in the to/cc fields to close the 1Password X inline menu. I was hoping that would allow you to use OWA's dropdown menu at the very least.

Just so I'm clear, is this something completely different than https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox? I attempted to reproduce the issue there, but I wasn't able to. If it's something different, do you happen to have the URL without the custom portion? Typically we report filling issues based on URLs, so that's why I'm asking. :)

• dtdev
    dtdev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaltlyn,
    when typing a name into the "to" fields, i'm getting suggested contacts from the outlook app. If i'm closing the 1Password inline menu i still can't select a contact by moving with my keyboard arrow keys downwards. This fires the 1Password inline menu again.

The "consumer" Version of Outlook is a very modern version of OWA. Out business version is a bit older, so it is with the interface. It looks like the version shown here in the german microsoft technet blog: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange_de/2012/09/20/das-neue-owa-jetzt-auch-fr-tablets-und-smartphones/

As this is caused on a business-owned exchange hosting, i'm not able to send you a link, you could use.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtdev – I feel like that's a good sign if the "consumer" version is newer and doesn't have the same issue. Either way, I've got the issue filed for our developers now. I appreciate you getting this on our radar. :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#627

This discussion has been closed.