No Fill [1Password is in read-only mode without a license or membership]

yourfriend
yourfriend
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

MaBook Pro, Safari 12.1.1, Extension from the App store, 1p 7.3.1

At each session, click to the 1p menu , nothing occurs... in fact, the launching of the app is stopped (in background) by your annoying advertising to buy 1PasswordX. I declined already a lot of times, you should understand and stop to block my work !

Obviously you - the company - loves money, and that makes you crazy.

There are more and more problems (noway to fill, noway to open and fill, a \ PC shortcut - and noway to use it), and your app is less and less useful. I will not pay for 1PasswordX, and probably not for the next version if you continue to focus on advertising more than on your app, and I share this point of view with many users.

Yves

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• yourfriend
    yourfriend
    Community Member

No Fill button.
    Noway to use the "magic cmd-\ shortcut".
    Your magical devs should know that the \ doesn't appear on a mac keyboard, and we need to use 4 keys.

But when I use the 4 keys, no fill.
    I remark that there is no "Fill" menu to make that action, too.

After reinstallation, many reboots, On ALL sites, everyday. No Fill.

To get a button for the most useful action in the app, we, the simple human users, we don't deserve it ?

I was a great fan of your team for years, but from the launch of 1PasswordX, version after version, your app get more and more problems. I loose too much time with your app, now.

Yves

• Hi @yourfriend

Where are you seeing this "advertisement"? There is no such thing as 1Password X for Safari, so I'm confused as to how you'd be seeing anything about 1Password X in that web browser. Could you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

▷ How to take a screenshot

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yourfriend: What are you seeing in Safari Preferences > Extensions? A screenshot would be great. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

No Fill button.

There is:

But maybe you're looking something else. Let me know the specifics.

Noway to use the "magic cmd-\ shortcut". Your magical devs should know that the \ doesn't appear on a mac keyboard, and we need to use 4 keys.

There definitely is here:

But maybe you have something different. Regardless, you can customize the keyboard shortcut for filling in 1Password Preferences > General.

But when I use the 4 keys, no fill. I remark that there is no "Fill" menu to make that action, too. After reinstallation, many reboots, On ALL sites, everyday. No Fill.

Can you tell me the exact steps you're taking?

To get a button for the most useful action in the app, we, the simple human users, we don't deserve it ?

I don't know what you're trying to ask here.

I was a great fan of your team for years, but from the launch of 1PasswordX, version after version, your app get more and more problems. I loose too much time with your app, now.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your setup. But if you'll let us know the details I'm sure we can help. Thanks in advance!

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Filling not working in Safari 12.
  • yourfriend
    yourfriend
    Community Member

Screenshot for extensions.
    Steps :
    • click on the extension logo on the browser bar
    1p app on the dock is bouncing, the app cannot launch due to your annoying advertising (screenshot). I need to open the app and close the popup.
    • click on the extension logo on the browser bar again (screenshot)
    Screenshot for keyboards : I use the external white
    I change the keys for cmd-$ (screenshot)
    next on the next comment (max files reached)

• yourfriend
    yourfriend
    Community Member

• click on the extension logo on the browser bar again (screenshot)
    No fill button, nothing on shortcut, nothing on clicking onto the left column area,
    same behavior while pinning the card to the screen
    The only way I found : pin the card, copy/paste the credentials.

Thank you for your answer.

• yourfriend
    yourfriend
    Community Member

Tank for your answer.
    Sorry, I'm not fluent enough in english. How do you call that ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yourfriend,

That is coming from 1Password 7 for Mac rather than 1Password X, so thank you for sharing the screenshot, it was helpful!

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, and it looks like you have installed version 7 itself, correct? I might be wrong, but I don't think this is appearing in 1Password version 6.

Have you purchased a license for 1Password 7 already, or activated a subscription? If not, I think you might have downloaded the wrong version of 1Password.

• yourfriend
    yourfriend
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

[personal information removed by moderator; this is a public forum]

ref: VYL-19836-571

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019

Okay, great. It looks like you have a 1Password 7 license, but for some reason are getting the "welcome screen." So we can get a better understanding of what is happening here I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105381/stop-to-block-my-work-with-your-annoying-advertising#latest
    • Your forum username: yourfriend

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: VYL-19836-571

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@yourfriend:

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade. In order to use it, you need either a license, or a 1Password Membership (which is paid with a subscription) added to the app. If you don't do either of these, filling will be disabled, which sounds like what is happening here.

Have you purchased a license for version 7 or activated a subscription already?

• yourfriend
    yourfriend
    Community Member

[#VYL-19836-571]

• yourfriend
    yourfriend
    Community Member

After reinstall from the AgileBits' download, It 'OK now :

• no annoying popup
    • fill button is ok
    • open and fill button is ok

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Glad Garrett was able to help you get the version you paid for installed. We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.