To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot Master Password & New Monthly Membership Fee

ALs
ALs
Community Member

I had an issue with my old iPhone so Apple swapped my device. After uploading a backup on my new phone, I tried opening the 1Password app. I was only given an option to login by inputting my master password. It would not prompt me to use Face ID in lieu of enter the master password which is unfortunate because I forgot this password. I played around with it for a few days and ended up deleting the app. After installing the app again, I'm prompted with a few options; if I'm already using 1Password (1Password.com, iCloud, Dropbox, WLAN Server). I'm able to click on iCloud but it asks me for the master password again.

I was able to login to the 1Password app on an old iPhone by using a fingerprint. However, when I try to change the password it prompts me to enter the current master password which I still can't figure out.

After deleting and re-installing the app, I noticed that I'm only prompted to use 1Password by paying $8.99 up front for the first 6 months. However, I recall I paid a one-time fee a long time ago. So now if I want to use 1Password going forward, I have to pay a monthly fee?

Should I even bother with this app or should I just jot down all my entries in the app and look for a new app to use? I'm not looking to a monthly fee if I already paid a one time fee a long time ago.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ALs
    ALs
    Community Member

Ok, I was taking screenshots of all my login/passwords on my old iPhone and all of a sudden the 1Password app is asking for my master password. Looks like I'm out of luck now?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ALs! Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, you can start over with an empty vault so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

This discussion has been closed.