Watch Tower and Logins

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited July 2019 in iOS

I do not really know how to word this question so I hope you know what I mean.
In my logins most of the websites I enter manually and do not usually use the create login that 1Password picks. So a lot of my logins are like home page and not the direct login.
Silly or not the reason I do that, is the home page link most likely does not change and I know what the URL is.
I was wondering if Watch Tower can do it’s job correctly for breached passwords if I do not use the direct logins even though the home page is the parent of the direct login.
Or do I need to let 1Password create logins pick the website for me. You know does it really matter?
I would like to here your feed back on that.
Thanks

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kunder!

I was wondering if Watch Tower can do it’s job correctly for breached passwords if I do not use the direct logins even though the home page is the parent of the direct login. Or do I need to let 1Password create logins pick the website for me. You know does it really matter?

No matter what steps you are using to create your login items, 1Password is checking all of them in Watchtower because what it looks at is the domain of the URL :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Good answer!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @kunder :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Do I need to include http:// in logins web address or does that happen in the background anyway.

What about www. or can I just xxx.com when filling in a web address in logins.?

• Ben
    Options

1Password will assume the prefix is https:// unless specified otherwise.

What about www. or can I just xxx.com when filling in a web address in logins.?

That depends entirely on the website. Most websites are configured such that they are accessible both with and without the www. Using 1Password to save the login from the page's login form will give the best results:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

You explained that well.
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben