The Windows.onepassword7-license-win is not active

Kav
Kav
Community Member

I just bought 1 Password from fastsprings.
The Windows.onepassword7-license-win in the E-mail I received is NOT active.
So do not know wht to download.

Secondly
When i start 1Password7, there a Key shown, below it says
Register, Select help, Enter License key.
But there is NO enter license key option under help.

Thank kyou
Br
kav

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just bought 1 Password from fastsprings. The Windows.onepassword7-license-win is not active

Comments

• What is leading you to believe the license isn't active, @Kav? 1Password 7 for Windows requires a license file, like the one sent to you, not a key – the instructions you're looking at are for 1Password 4. Download the license file from the e-mail, double-click it with 1Password 7 open and you should be set. If the link isn't working in your e-mail client, send us an e-mail at support+windows@1password.com from the e-mail address you used to purchase your license and we can get you a new one. :+1:

• Kav
    Kav
    Community Member

Hello Kate, Good morning to you.
    Downloading the License file was the issue, it was NOT active.
    I finally figured it out. but i had to click on a very small 1 near the price i paid, which was active :-(.
    I than followed some other pop-up and pointed it to the file, and i believe its working.

On a second note, I do take photos and add them to 1 password, i downloaded the latest 1 Password App, for the iphone.
    Thanks
    Have a ice weekend.

• I thought it might be the link that wasn't active rather than the file itself, @Kav. There are some e-mail applications that apparently don't play nice with FastSpring's template. The Windows mail app is one example, I believe. Since this is something that affects a relatively small portion of our customers and using a custom template would mean we wouldn't benefit from future updates to their e-mail templates, we ultimately decided it was best to stick with the default and help folks running into trouble individually.

I know this doesn't make things any easier for those of y'all who are affected and I apologize for that. To save some frustration in the future, I'd recommend saving your license file as an attachment in 1Password. When setting up a new device, the first thing you'll do is install 1Password and sync up. By saving your license file to your vault, it'll be right there waiting for you the next time you have to set up a new PC and you won't need to return to that e-mail. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.