captsls
captsls
Community Member

Have 1Password 7 on mac. How do I add the extention to firefox? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have 1Password 7 on mac. How do I add the extention to firefox? Thanks

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@captsls - please visit our downloads page to find the current 1Password extension for Firefox. You should be able to install it from there, but let us know if you have any trouble. :)

• captsls
    captsls
    Community Member

I tried using your downloads page but got an error message "the download could not be installed because of a connection problem"

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@captsls - sorry for the trouble. Please have a look at these instructions for assistance with that.

• captsls
    captsls
    Community Member

followed the instructions but when I copied and pasted the download I got the following error message

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at 1password-4.7.5.90.xpi.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@captsls: can you please try using the complete URL? Here is the correct one: https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/

• captsls
    captsls
    Community Member

I cut and pasted the correct one in safari and the ....xpi appeared in downloads. I copied that to firefox got same connection problem.

I wouldn't care if I couldn't use 1P with firefox but my safari has a problem. It works fine but the screen is dim whenever I browse with Safari.

• @captsls

My apologies but I'm not entirely clear what you're asking us to help with here. Safari is 'dim'? I don't know what that means. Would a screenshot show the issue? If so could you please post one here?

▷ How to take a screenshot

Does the problem happen if you temporarily disable the 1Password extension in Safari? As for Firefox... you have to open the link in Firefox, not Safari, to install the extension.

Ben

• captsls
    captsls
    Community Member

I just made the comment about a problem I am having with safari to explain why I want to use 1P with Firefox. I never should have mentioned that.

I just need to add the 1P extension to Firefox and unfortunately all the suggestions you great folks have sent me haven't worked. I keep getting that the extension can't be added to Firefox because of a connection problem.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@captsls: If you download the extension manually, you should not receive that error anymore. Can you confirm that, after downloading the .xpi file with Safari, you are manually dragging it over to the Firefox window? You should at this point see a button that reads "Add".

• captsls
    captsls
    Community Member

Fixed! Thanks so much. I was copying from downloads and pasting from downloads in finder. This time I dragged it from safari downloads to firefox and it worked. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @captsls! I am happy to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.