1Password did not import credit card expiration dates from LastPass

schleppy
schleppy
Community Member

After using LastPass for many, many years, I decided to try 1Password. Overall I'm completely satisfied, and very impressed with 1Password across the board.

The only hiccup I found in the migration process from LastPass was that 1Password didn't import the credit card expiration dates from LastPass. I thought that was a bit odd given that it imported everything else about each credit card from LastPass, including PINs, CVV, etc.

Keep up the good work 1Password team!

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 1.15.3 (1Password X)
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @schleppy! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let us know in what format you exported your LastPass data? And the credit card expiration information was definitely in the exported file, correct?

• schleppy
    schleppy
    Community Member

I exported in the LastPass CSV format, as instructed in the migration guide. I no longer have the CSV I used to import from, but the data was definitely in LastPass. I had to go back to lastpass to get the information a few days ago when I noticed it was missing.

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@schleppy: Thank you for the confirmation!

It's a pity that you don't have the CSV anymore. I wonder if the data was indeed in LastPass, as you wrote, but it was not exported to the CSV file in the first place, and that's why it was missing from 1Password. So rather than an import problem, it might have been an export thing.

• schleppy
    schleppy
    Community Member

@ag_ana I will try exporting again (data is still in LastPass), and see if LP is the issue. Will report back.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @schleppy! Thank you :)

• schleppy
    schleppy
    Community Member

@ag_ana I re-exported the data from LastPass again using the same method before (the only method really...), and the credit card expiration data was definitely there. Looks like 1Password may have just missed it?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2019

The expiration dates are exported in a LastPass export. It exports both validFrom and expiry dates, for Credit Cards.

My notes in the lastpass converter in the converter suite are:

# Date converters
    # lastpass dates: month,d,yyyy   month,yyyy   yyyy-mm-dd

so perhaps the native 1Password converter/importer is not accounting for these.

@schleppy - can you confirm that your dates are in one of those exact formats?

This discussion has been closed.