I no longer have access to my 1password account

Options
N6839D
N6839D
Community Member
edited July 2019 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Long before I retired I decided to try this application. Something got convoluted and someone on your end gifted this to me. I purchased the application for this computer. You folks have now crippled access to all of my passwords. This means years of requesting password resets and not having daily 24/7 access to medical accounts. If you wanted to change your business model for income thats great. Any professional would've notified me of the impending change as. Now not only do I no longer have access to my 1password account, I have no method of recovering all of the data on this machine and my phones. I have no objection to continuing in spite of your business model but you folks refused to help with my 1password acct. password.
I'm going to post a few videos of what a motion disorder looks like. The conversation will be your unwillingness to help. When you and others see what this looks like you will understand. I'm not exactly a cyber threat. Just trying to get by every day.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why have you disabled access to my passwords? Your business model appears to have changed.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @N6839D

My apologies but I'm not sure what you're referring to. We haven't made any recent changes. Also I don't see anywhere that you've tried to contact us previously. Do you have a support ID for an existing conversation with us? If not... how can we help? What seems to be the problem?

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019
    Options

@N6839D

You get 30 seconds then I write to Apple and post on all the forums

Like most anybody we don't respond well to those types of demands. It's a Saturday. We have limited staffing available on weekends. Responding within 30 seconds isn't feasible even on a weekday when we're all here. If you feel the need to contact Apple that's your prerogative but they're going to tell you that you need to contact us for help with any issues using 1Password. They don't have any responsibility for supporting 1Password.

I don't know how long you've been around this company but there has been a major change.

I've been here for 11 years. A lot has changed in 11 years, but that's neither here nor there. My point was that nothing changed between yesterday and today or even last week and today, so I'm confused as to what sort of a change that you think we made all of a sudden? I don't say that to be argumentative, but it's true. I say it because I truly don't understand what difficulty you're having, and I need you to explain what is happening rather than throwing around accusations and demands. The latter doesn't help us get to the bottom of this problem for you.

What I need is a technique to grab all of my passwords and associated login data.

Okay. I still don't know from any of your messages what is stopping you from doing that the same way you've always done. Could you please elaborate? I want to help you but you're not giving me any relevant details here. What is actually wrong? What happens when you try to use 1Password?

As I recall one password was purchased by another company.

We've never been purchased by another company. We did change our name from Agile Web Solutions to AgileBits, and we're now doing business as 1Password.

The result of what you did with no notice and no notification is impounding all of my passwords and denying me access.

We haven't made any such changes. If you could please let me know what you're trying to do, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, that might go a long way toward getting us on the same page so that I can help you get the expected result.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@N6839D: You've been editing your posts too and it's not a problem. Everyone makes mistakes. :) I'm afraid I don't understand the point you're trying to make about Apple, but it's not really relevant here on a support forum for 1Password. So let's stay focused on your issue here so we can get your sorted.

I'll be happy to help you with 1Password, but as Ben mentioned earlier we don't really have a sense of the problem you're having, which needs to be established before we can even hope to offer a solution. Unfortunately without the basic information we have no idea what might be going wrong and how we might right it. Since you omitted this information when you opened this thread and haven't share it in subsequent posts, please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, you've mentioned being a long-time 1Password user but also something about you "no longer have access to [your] 1password account". So I wonder if the source of the confusion is that you would not have a 1Password account at all unless you signed up for a 1Password membership subscription within the last few years, as they did not exist before that: you would have been using 1Password as a standalone app with a license for a specific version. But I could be way off; that's just my best guess based experience in light of a few vague comments you made. Help me help you: let me know the details of where you're running into trouble. I'm sure we can figure it out. Thanks in advance! :)

• Ben
    Options

@N6839D

Thank you for explaining the difficulty you're having. Armed with this information I have a much better understanding of what the situation is and am now in a position to help you sort out the problem.

Please answer these questions for me:

1. Where were you syncing your 1Password data before this problem began?
    2. Do you know what version of 1Password you were using at the time and/or where you downloaded it from (our website or the Mac App Store)?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.