1Passwordx for Firefox Default Vault

Luckberg
Luckberg
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey Guys,

I might be totally missing it but is there a way to change the default vault that passwords are saved in for FF? I don't use the 'default' vault and have to remember to switch from it everytime I save a new login. Not a big deal but would be great if there was a way to do this. I have also deselected the default vault from the vault list (did find that option - not super intuitive to find but got it) but that doesnt seem to make a difference either.

BTW you guys are the best and I evangelize wherever I go :)

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.8.2
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: 1Password Online

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Luckberg,

Welcome to the forum! We are delighted to have you here!

We don't have a setting to select the default vault for saving, but we really should. It's been on our list of features we needed to add and I greatly apologize for it not being there yet. It's not a significant amount of work, therefore, I'll see what I can do to bump it up on the list for an upcoming release. If you'd like to see it and other improvements sooner, I highly recommend checking our beta.

Thanks for your support – we love it! 💙

-Beyer

• om3ga777
    om3ga777
    Community Member

Now, 1 year later the "default vault" functionality still seems to be missing from 1PX. Haven't tried the beta, though - is it in there?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @om3ga777! We did recently add the ability to choose the default account you'd like to save items in to the 1Password X beta. That'll help out users who use 1Password X with multiple accounts. As for the default vault for saving, we haven't implemented that technology. Although, you have the option to select a different vault directly within the save Login popup. I'll bring this up to our developers so they can discuss it. :)

ref: x/b5x#544

• tb582
    tb582
    Community Member

Does there happen to be the option to select the account AND vault to save to?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

As Kaitlyn mentioned above, 1Password X currently supports selecting an account for saving, not a specific vault; it will save to whichever vault you have selected.

This discussion has been closed.