Report website not filling

Where do I report a website not filling credentials? In Firefox, going to https://accounts.firefox.com/force_auth (like when logging in to Firefox Sync from the browser) when already logged in, 1Password X isn't filling the password. In this case the username is pre-filled in a text block (maybe a hidden field too?) and only the password field is a form input.

1Password Version: 1Password X
Extension Version: 1Password X
OS Version: Fedora 28, macOS 10.13
Sync Type: 1Password X

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@jgoguen: Here is good, but I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you. Unfortunately it appears that Mozilla blocks extensions on its own site. We'll see if we can find a workaround, but we'll probably all need to continue copying and pasting there for the foreseeable future. :(

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#199

• jgoguen
    jgoguen
    Community Member

Ugh, they could at least give some indication of that 😓

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hey @jgoguen,

It would indeed be great if Firefox were more evident when an extension is being blocked. However, you can see a list of the websites that are blocked, and manually change it by following the following steps:
    1. In the address bar of Firefox, navigate to about:config
    2. Read the warning and click the I accept the risk!, if you wish to proceed
    3. Search for extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains and double-click the result to view and modify the key.

The following domains were restricted in my version of Firefox:

accounts-static.cdn.mozilla.net,accounts.firefox.com,addons.cdn.mozilla.net,addons.mozilla.org,api.accounts.firefox.com,content.cdn.mozilla.net,content.cdn.mozilla.net,discovery.addons.mozilla.org,input.mozilla.org,install.mozilla.org,oauth.accounts.firefox.com,profile.accounts.firefox.com,support.mozilla.org,sync.services.mozilla.com,testpilot.firefox.com

Removing domains from this list will allow 1Password X and any other extension you have installed to run on it.

I hope that helps!

-Beyer

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

@beyer thanks for that workaround. That's quite a complicated discussion to be had. Mozilla does this for security. And yet, preventing users from using Password managers (not limited to 1P) to use firefox accounts limits their security and makes using a secure password unnecessarily complex and by that lowers security as users will either not use the service due to frustration or use a weak password so they can easily login.

Has Agile Bits filed a feature request with Mozilla to improve this situation?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't think the intention is to prevent password manager use, but rather they're blocking all extensions on their sites because those come from a wide variety of sources. That's entirely their prerogative. It's not up to us.

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Whatever changed, Firefox 71.0 is able to autofill on https://accounts.firefox.com

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member

I'm still having problems with Firefox 71 in Ubuntu with 1Password X 1.17.0

• Hey @adfhogan — I still see accounts.firefox.com as a restricted domain in v71 here, so that doesn't surprise me. @LosInvalidos, what about on your system? See this if you're unsure what I'm talking about. :smile:

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Ups - I changed this in about:config. Ignore my ramblings and excuse the noise.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries, thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.