Stitcher website login

WardenBrown
WardenBrown
Community Member
edited September 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Stitcher login is at http://www.stitcher.com/sign_in.php

The site does not autosave so I have used the save login feature. Since the page has two forms (registration and login) I have manually tuned the 1P entry to use the correct field names and set auto submit to off.

Login works with 1P under Chrome 14. However, Login fails with 1P 1.0.8.218 and Firefox 6.0.2. At first it would not fill the username portion of the login form. Now it crashes Firefox.

Update: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 1P plugin for FF, disabled all other plugins and retested....
- If I use use the 1P button ("login with Stitcher") the form is not filled in
- if I use ctrl-\ then FF crashes.

Comments

• WardenBrown
    WardenBrown
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    Just saw the post by 39ozZmJ2QjwgX4Hlhv on FF 6.0.2 crashing. I will retest tomorrow after rebooting. Also under FF 7 at work.

Forget that ... 1.0.8.219 fixes the crashes, thanks Stefan.
  • WardenBrown
    WardenBrown
    Community Member
    Now that crashes are fixed, I can confirm that 1P under FF 6.0.2 only partially fills in the form. Still fills OK under Chrome 14. See screen shots below.

Sticher_FF602.jpg
    Form filled by 1P 1.0.8.219 under Firefox 6.0.2

Sticher_C14.jpg
    Form filled by 1P 1.0.8.219 under Chrome 14
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    I know this might sound like a cop-out, Warden, but I'm obliged to mention that 1Password is confirmed compatible with only the latest non-Beta releases of the supported browsers.

The pertinent test is how 1Password performs with Firefox 7.

I've identified three problems using both .218 and .219 with Firefox 7:
    • 1Password didn't offer to save a new Login item when I submitted the form, so I had to create the Login myself (fill in the login form, click the 1Password button, and click the Save Login button).

• 1Password didn't recognize the field named "email" as the username, so it saved only the "password" field:

2011-09-28_09-35-14.png

• The Stitcher login form uses the "email" and "password" names in both forms on the page (the "login" side and the "register" side of the page), so 1Password fills all the password fields with the saved value. That's annoying, but it won't be a real problem if 1Password fills the "email" field and submits the correct form (the "login" side).

I'll make sure the developer is aware of these problems.

Trying to duplicate your experience (for which I assume you already have an "email" field in your Login item for that site), I edited the Login item in 1Password, clicked the Add button, and set up a field named "email" designated as the username:

2011-09-28_09-52-30.png

Then I revisited the Stitcher login page and pressed Ctrl+\. As in your report, 1Password filled in the "email" field with the saved value, but only on the "register" side of the page:

2011-09-28_10-05-39.png

I'll make sure the developer is aware of this problem, too.

Thanks, Warden!
  • WardenBrown
    WardenBrown
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the response David, well documented also.

DBrown wrote:

I know this might sound like a cop-out, Warden, but I'm obliged to mention that 1Password is confirmed compatible with only the latest non-Beta releases of the supported browsers.
    The pertinent test is how 1Password performs with Firefox 7.

I assume you are saying that FF6.0.2 was not the latest non-beta? If so it is a cop-out. :-)

I understand FF7 had been released (not beta) and .218 was the update that added support for FF7. I had this setup @work, but by the time of posting (@home) FF7 was pulled by Mozilla and was not installed on the PC (@home). Hence the later comment of testing under FF7 @work the next day. I checked recently and @home FF still says 6.02 is the current version. If FF7 was re-released, then it hasn't fully propagated through the update servers yet.

I had updated (to .218 and FF7) my work PC earlier in the day after I became aware the .218 was out. I had tested on a couple of site (not Stitcher without issue). I am still using .218 @work today (it was shutdown overnight) and have just test Stitcher login with 1P .218 and FF7. I does not crash, but fails in the same was as FF6.02 and your screenshot. I guess 39ozZmJ2QjwgX4Hlhv was right when he found rebooting solved the crashing problem.

Moving along...

DBrown wrote:

I've identified three problems using both .218 and .219 with Firefox 7:
    • 1Password didn't offer to save a new Login item when I submitted the form, so I had to create the Login myself (fill in the login form, click the 1Password button, and click the Save Login button).
    • 1Password didn't recognize the field named "email" as the username, so it saved only the "password" field
    • The Stitcher login form uses the "email" and "password" names in both forms on the page (the "login" side and the "register" side of the page), so 1Password fills all the password fields with the saved value. That's annoying, but it won't be a real problem if 1Password fills the "email" field and submits the correct form (the "login" side).

These are the same issues I had under FF 6.02

DBrown wrote:

Trying to duplicate your experience (for which I assume you already have an "email" field in your Login item for that site), I edited the Login item in 1Password, clicked the Add button, and set up a field named "email" designated as the username:

Sort of. I did a manual save of the filled in login form, but it didn't save the email field. So I manually added the email field, just like you did.

DBrown wrote:

Then I revisited the Stitcher login page and pressed Ctrl+\. As in your report, 1Password filled in the "email" field with the saved value, but only on the "register" side of the page:
    I'll make sure the developer is aware of this problem, too.

Again same experience as I got and shown in my screen shots.

Thanks for making the developer aware. Please ensure that he is also aware that the errant behaviour is in the Firefox plugin , as Chrome works perfectly. Don't use IE, so I haven't tested it there.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    Let's end the confusion.

Officially, we only support the latest non-beta Firefox version. At the time of this writing, this is Firefox 7.

However, in practice our stuff must work with all Firefox versions starting with Firefox 3 (this includes Firefox 6).

If you have a problem with Firefox 6 (or Firefox 5, or Firefox 4, or Firefox 3) then please report this because I would love to fix them for you.

The only Firefox versions we do not support at all are the Beta and Aurora channels. That stuff is a moving target and therefore a waste of our limited dev time.
  • WardenBrown
    WardenBrown
    Community Member
    edited September 2011

Officially, we only support the latest non-beta Firefox version. At the time of this writing, this is Firefox 7.
    However, in practice our stuff must work with all Firefox versions starting with Firefox 3 (this includes Firefox 6).

If you have a problem with Firefox 6 (or Firefox 5, or Firefox 4, or Firefox 3) then please report this because I would love to fix them for you.

The only Firefox versions we do not support at all are the Beta and Aurora channels. That stuff is a moving target and therefore a waste of our limited dev time.

This what I understood (prior to the post by DBrown)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Sorry for any confusion, Warden, but "1Password is confirmed compatible with only the latest non-Beta releases of the supported browsers" means exactly the same thing as "Officially, we only support the latest non-beta Firefox version."
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    The site does not autosave so I have used the save login feature.

I'm afraid I cannot fix auto-save for this site because it does not send a POST request (our auto-save feature is looking for POST requests only).

Since the page has two forms (registration and login) I have manually tuned the 1P entry to use the correct field names

I *can* fix this one. "Save Login" should do the right thing, and there should be no need to manually tune things. Fixed in 1.0.8.221

and set auto submit to off.

I have fixed auto-submit for this site, too. To be included with 1.0.8.221

Login fails with 1P 1.0.8.218 and Firefox 6.0.2 (..) it does not fill the username portion of the login form.

Fixed in 1.0.8.221, but you might want to delete your login item for this site from 1Password, and have "Save Login" in Firefox (or Internet Explorer) re-create it.

Thanks!

Stefan.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Please let us know how .221 works for you, Warden.
  • WardenBrown
    WardenBrown
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

Please let us know how .221 works for you, Warden.

I will be glad to when it .221 is available. But I am confident Stefan has nailed it.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Me, too...but as The Great Communicator once said, "Trust and verify." :)
  • WardenBrown
    WardenBrown
    Community Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Stefan / David,

That's a lot better now. Save Login (manual) and form fill now work in .221.

One minor gripe through regarding auto-submit. I only raise this because Stefan said "I have fixed auto-submit for this site, too".

Consider these two cases:
    1. Submit is set to "if auto-submit is ON", 1P submits the filled login form and you end up at http://www.stitcher.com/loginSubmit.php (a blank page except for the text ["success","none",""] ) i.e. you do not get redirected to the normal landing page (http://www.stitcher.com/listen.php?sid=888450).
    2. Submit is set to "Never", 1P fills the login form. Manually clicking the Sign In "button" OR typing the Enter key submits the form and redirected to

Clearly, with auto-submit 1P is getting login, but the result is not the same as for a manual login. I am not sue how fixable this is, I guess the Javascript loginSubmit() does something more than a simple POST, but I am not skilled enough to see what the code is doing.

Anyway, I am happy with setting submit=never, now that the form fill works. Thanks.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    I'm glad to hear it's working for you now, Warden. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for the additional info, too!
This discussion has been closed.