Autosubmit [removed in 2018; can press Return to submit the form when ready]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: AutoFill appears to mean 'manual fill'. What am I missing?.

Comments

• Treadstone
    Treadstone
    Community Member
    Options

I've just signed up for a subscription, and I want to try it out during the 30 day free period. With 1password 6, the Chrome extension would autofill and submit the login credentials when you select the login item, but I can't seem to get 1password 7 to do that - can somebody advise how I can set it up please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Treadstone: I'm sorry for the trouble there. Last autumn we removed the autosubmit feature in response to Apple rightly pointing out that apps sending keystrokes is not the best practice and can easily be abused. So it's gone and I don't expect that it will return unless Apple adds a sanctioned way to enable the same functionality. But honestly I don't miss it much. It didn't work in a lot of cases anyway, and since 1Password can leave the password field focused after filling it's easy to press Return when ready to submit the form -- which helps when completing a CAPTCHA or making changes to checkboxes or radio buttons on the page as well.

• Treadstone
    Treadstone
    Community Member
    Options

That's a shame. Notwithstanding what Apple says, that was my favourite feature. I guess I'll stick with 1Password 6 then. I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

• Ben
    Options

@Treadstone:

1Password 7 can fill your credentials for you, it just can't submit the form (so you'd need to click submit / login or tap the enter / return key). We can't recommend using an older version. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. You can of course continue to use your 1Password 6 license for as long as it works for you. It'll never expire. But 1Password 6 is retired and isn't being updated any further. As such I'd highly recommend considering staying on v6 a temporary measure.

Ben

• Treadstone
    Treadstone
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. I appreciate the advice.

This discussion has been closed.