read only vault in 1P7

I had purchased a single user licence, and I have now updated to 1P7. All the items in my vault are read only. what should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a single user licence, updated to 1P7. Now all the items are read only. what should I do?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@karlpipp: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you haven't purchased a license for 1Password for Mac version 7 (or subscribed to a 1Password membership), it's a separate purchase from any other version. For example, if you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac version 6, it applies only to that. But you can get all the apps and updates as part of a membership. If you need help upgrading, just shoot us an email at sales@1password.com with the details so we can help you make the transition. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• karlpipp
    karlpipp
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty, I read several comments in the Forum, and I have now a clearer idea of what the difference is between membership and a licence. In the website is not that evident....
    I understand that the data are now saved into your servers only, not in any other cloud service, right?

I had (two years ago) a 1P Account (=Membership, right?), which is now frozen.
    I also had a 1P 6 licence for all my devices (OS, IOS, PC), which I updated to 1P7 three days ago. As explained, 1P7 is read-only as I didn't purchase the licence or the membership.
    I would go for the membership: do you suggest to reactivate the one I had, or start a new one?
    Also, I noticed that I can choose the Server Region: can I change the Region if I reactivate my old Account?

Will all my passwords be moved into the new 1P7 system safely and easily?
    I am worried to lose all my data...
    Please give me you best advice.
    Thank yoiu

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019

Hi @karlpipp

I understand that the data are now saved into your servers only, not in any other cloud service, right?

Data stored in a 1Password membership vault (i.e. not a standalone vault) is synced with 1Password.com exclusively, yes. That's the only way we're able to offer some of the features that we offer through membership. Generic cloud storage solutions just don't have the level of customizability that we get with our own service.

I had (two years ago) a 1P Account (=Membership, right?), which is now frozen.

That would be a membership, yes.

I would go for the membership: do you suggest to reactivate the one I had, or start a new one?

If the data in the old membership is outdated at this point it may make the most sense to delete that and start a new one: If you know the Master Password for your 1Password membership please see this guide for instructions on how to delete it:

How to delete your 1Password account

If you have forgotten your credentials or no longer have access to your membership please see this thread for instructions:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over

Also, I noticed that I can choose the Server Region: can I change the Region if I reactivate my old Account?

We don't have a mechanism for moving memberships between regions. You'd need to create the membership in the region you want it to be in. Part of the point of having separate regions is that they do not (generally/directly) "talk to" or "touch" each other.

Will all my passwords be moved into the new 1P7 system safely and easily?

Yes, absolutely.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.