Newbie question about multiple vaults

Options
mile089
mile089
Community Member

So after we were using single user versions of 1Password 6 (and previous) for years I finally bought a family license of 1Password 7. I've got it working for myself first and now I'm ready to invite others. Before I do that here's one simple question: after I have invited someone do they create their own vault(s) or do I as an "administrator" have to create those and assign them to them?

It probably doesn't matter that much but I don't want to end up with a bunch of useless vaults that I have to delete again. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mile089: It's a good question. With a 1Password Families membership, family members you invite (not guests, which have access to only a single vault you share with them) can also create vaults. By default, the creator of a vault will have full access to it; but Organizers can set vault permissions as needed. So, I guess to address your concern, if someone else creates a bunch of vaults, they won't suddenly clutter up 1Password for you -- unless they are an Organizer and add you to those vaults as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mile089
    mile089
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! Here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.