Recovering Passwords

asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

Hello,

I haven't logged into my 1Password account since 2017 and do not have my secret key. I have since changed computers but still have access to my old computer's hard drive.

I have a .agilekeychain file in my Dropbox folder. Is it possible to recover my passwords with this?

Thanks,
Ben

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @asdlkjfalkasdfasfk! Welcome to the forum!

I have a .agilekeychain file in my Dropbox folder. Is it possible to recover my passwords with this?

Those are your passwords. But they are a separate vault from a 1Password account you might have created separately, so the two will be encrypted separately. Knowing the Master Password for your Dropbox vault will not be enough to decrypt the contents of a 1Password account.

If all you forgot is a Secret Key, you can try recovering it.

• asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
    asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately none of those methods will work for recovering my secret key as I am unable to log into my account without it and I do not have an emergency kit. I created this account and purchased a license for it in 2015.

How should I proceed?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@asdlkjfalkasdfasfk: 1Password memberships did not exist in any form until the end of 2015, November, when we introduced 1Password for Teams beta; it was not a paid service until the beta finished; and you would only have an account at all by signing up for a membership since then. So a purchase you made in 2015 would have been a license for a specific version of 1Password, not a membership, and you would not have had an account or Secret Key or Sign In Address in that case. So you in that case you'd need to sign up for a membership to get all of those benefits, or use the 1Password version you purchased. If you are not sure about what you purchased, or just need help getting started with a membership, shoot us an email at support@1password.com with the receipt and we'll be happy to help. :)

• asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
    asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
    Community Member

I appreciate the information. I found my receipt from August 24, 2015 for $49.99 through the Mac App Store. I forwarded that along with a summary of my issue to support@1password.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@asdlkjfalkasdfasfk: Sounds good. I don't see anything under this email address. If you'll let me know the Support ID you receive, I'll be happy to take a look. :)

• asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
    asdlkjfalkasdfasfk
    Community Member

Thank you! The support ID I received is #QHN-73757-955. The email I used is healthful******@gmail.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Got it! I'll get back to you there shortly. Thanks for not posting your full email address. :lol: :+1:

ref: QHN-73757-955

This discussion has been closed.