Auto fill doesn’t work

Options
gandalf1981
gandalf1981
Community Member

Hey. I’m running the iOS 13 beta. It seems to have broken 1Password. Many of the sites now aren’t found. For example my PlayStation account when going via the store has a slightly different URL and whereas previously it would link the two or I could at least manually find it. Now it shows no passwords available.

Secondly auto fill doesn’t. Whilst the login can be selected and clicked on. It doesn’t actually populate the box with anything.

Has anyone else encountered these issues and have a solution at all?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gandalf1981!

Did both of these things start happening as soon as you upgraded to iOS 13 Beta?

Also, are you running the beta version of 1Password as well, or are you still on the stable channel?

• gandalf1981
    gandalf1981
    Community Member
    Options

Morning Ag_ana, Hello again. Thanks for replying.

I had issues with passwords not being found within 1passowrd before and wasn’t able to search for them prior to ios13 (from within other apps the search tends to come up empty and I have to load the 1Password app and search in there) but the auto fill is new now that I am on the beta.

I am using the stable channel of 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gandalf1981: Could you please clarify what you're seeing in iOS Autofill settings? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. It sounds like you have things saved in iCloud Keychain which you have not yet saved in 1Password, which would explain why you can't find them in 1Password. Thanks in advance!

• gandalf1981
    gandalf1981
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for following up. I can confirm that key chain passwords was turned off and there are no stored passwords in ios except for 1password.

I came to report no change. however, I updated to the latest ios beta and things seem to have returned back to normal.

I don't seem to get the request to save password in 1password but this may have always been the case. I can't remember.

thank you for your time and for responding.
    have a lovely day. hopefully its not as wet and damp as it is here in Tokyo

Stuart.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gandalf1981: Thanks for the update! I'm glad that the latest iOS beta helped. That makes sense, because we haven't changed anything in 1Password, and Password Autofill is built into the OS.

Regarding saving, you can do that from 1Password's UI. It hasn't ever been possible for 1Password for iOS to prompt automatically though. But perhaps someday, with the way things have been developing on iOS in recent years. :)

P.S: I do miss Tokyo, but perhaps because I only go there to visit -- usually recreationally. :lol: I'm not much of a city person, but as cities go it's pretty great I think. I guess I don't usually mind the rain because it's the only relief from the heat this time of year. Typhoons are another thing entirely though. I don't think I will ever feel like I've fully dried off from the one I got caught in a few years ago. Fun fact: ticket/recharge machines have zero tolerance for waterlogged currency. :sweat: The sun will rise a gain though. 頑張れ!

This discussion has been closed.