‘Unable to Verify App‘ Message

Options
unwork
unwork
Community Member

When I turn on my iPhone with no network access, an ‘Unable to Verify App‘ message blocks me from opening 1Password. Apple says it's a developer issue so they recommended me to reach out directly to you about it. How do I circumvent this?

I'm often working in remote areas with no connectivity of any kind, and I keep the phone off in order to save battery. I really can't use 1password while offline after rebooting my phone?

I use the latest versions of 1Password on two different phones, one is an older iPhone 5 running iOS 10.3.3, the other an iPhone 7 running iOS 12.3.1. This issue applies only to the newer iPhone 7. on the iPhone 5 I'm able to open 1Password regardless of wether I'm online or off-line after rebooting it.

1Password Version: 7.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:offline verification

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi @unwork

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and that it sounds like you may have been told this was a situation that we could fix. We’ve found that this isn’t the case. We do not have any control over that message appearing. It is not coming from 1Password. The short answer here is that the only way to resolve this so that you can use the app is going to be to connect to the internet. You should only have to do this the first time you launch the app. After that you should be able to use 1Password while offline.

Ben

• unwork
    unwork
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your swift reply Ben.

When you say: "You should only have to do this the first time you launch the app." Do you mean the first time ever using the app? Or the first time I launch 1Password every time after I turn my phone on?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@unwork - no, only the very first time you launch 1Password for iOS. :)

• unwork
    unwork
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Lars.
    Well this is happening to me every time I turn on my phone while offline, not just the very first time I launched 1Password.
    Any ideas where the issue could be?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, that's just the App Store trying to verify the purchase with your Apple ID. If you're getting this all the time, I'd try reinstalling the app. It may be damaged, and/or the App Store receipt may be. If the problem persists, you'll need to get help from Apple. The App Store and its verification process is in their sole control.

• Hello12948
    Hello12948
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. When i turned on the wifi the app keeps crashing all the time but when i turned off the wifi it says that “ The connection to the appstore is required for first launching this app “...” on this phone”. I can’t even open instagram, messenger and more apps. May i know how to solve this issue?

Model : Iphone 7plus latest ios

TY

• @Hello12948

If you are seeing this message for 1Password and other apps or having trouble opening those apps, I would suggest contacting Apple directly. https://www.apple.com/contact/ It sounds like an Apple/OS issue.

Make sure you have a backup of the phone and a backup of your 1Password data, before doing something such as removing the app.

This discussion has been closed.