IOS 12 AgileKeychain to OPvault Cannot Delete IOS Vault

ooglek
ooglek
Community Member

I just upgraded my 1Password license to Version 7 -- whooohooo! This is NOT a subscription but a license.

I upgraded 1P on my Mac which prompted me to migrate to opvault. Great!

I then went to my 1P app on IOS and Added a new vault, 1Password.opvault, synced via Dropbox and that's working! Woot!

In Dropbox it looks like "1Password.agilekeychain" got renamed "1Password.legacyagilekeychain" and I believe this is the crux of my issues.

Then I see that there's still a vault named "Primary" listed as "On My iPhone" and a second one (I think the new opvault) under "On Dropbox."

I want to delete the one listed as "On My iPhone" because it's deprecated and I don't need that anymore. BUT It seems I'm in a weird edge case.

If in IOS I click on "Primary" I see a screen with two items:

Primary Vault > Start Syncing
Items: 2,234

BUT NO DELETE VAULT BUTTON!

If I try to Sync with iCloud, it doesn't seem to work. If I try to Sync with Dropbox, it tries to use a backup folder, but not quite the right thing.

I suspect if I rename "1Password.legacyagilekeychain" to something like "1Password-old.agilekeychain" I might be able to re-set-up Dropbox syncing, and then after THAT do a "Delete Vault."

Well I tried that and still I'm hosed and cannot delete my old vault. Bummer. It says the sync is complete, but the blue link still says "syncing..."

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: na
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.5, IOS 12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ooglek - you can't delete your Primary vault if you have additional secondary vaults; that's been true for some time in 1Password. if you look at your vault -- the one you want to keep -- in 1Password 7 for Mac, do you see all your data there? If so, and if there's nothing you need in the "On my iPhone" Primary vault, then just tap Settings > Advanced, scroll down to the bottom and tap Erase All 1Password Data (in red near the bottom). When you re-start 1Password 7 for iOS, it will be as if you're a new user. Choose Dropbox as your sync source, and use the OPVault file - the one you're syncing on 1Password for Mac as well, and you should be all set with the same data, everywhere.

• ooglek
    ooglek
    Community Member

@Lars Thanks -- though I'm confused. My Primary vault WAS a legacy agilekeychain vault synced via Dropbox. When I migrated to opvault, my Primary vault started failing. The option I chose was to add a secondary vault.

What you're saying is that I need to "Erase All 1Password Data" then restart 1P IOS and set up my new Dropbox OPVault as the Primary?

That makes sense, and is a good workaround, but it's a bit ... cumbersome. I'd have wished for a better and more seamless process.

• What you're saying is that I need to "Erase All 1Password Data" then restart 1P IOS and set up my new Dropbox OPVault as the Primary?

Yes, that would be the way forward.

That makes sense, and is a good workaround, but it's a bit ... cumbersome. I'd have wished for a better and more seamless process.

I understand the desire but this is a bit of an edge case. It wouldn't be justifiable to spend limited development time to build a seamless process for what is a rare occurrence. It isn't a scenario many customers find themselves in. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

• ooglek
    ooglek
    Community Member

Heard! That seems reasonable. It's not an edge case for me, it's my only case! but yeah, I understand.

What's the process on the Mac Desktop? Same, disable sync, delete local, then add the vault anew?

• It's not an edge case for me, it's my only case!

Yes, I understand. Sorry about that. :(

What's the process on the Mac Desktop? Same, disable sync, delete local, then add the vault anew?

Essentially, yes. Instead of Settings > Advanced like on iOS the setting is under Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data.

Ben

• ooglek
    ooglek
    Community Member

Just a followup on this for anyone else who might be having the same issue.

I had 1Password 6 on my Macbook AFTER I migrated my old AgileKeychain vault to OPVault, which disabled sync on all of my devices (reasonable). In 1P 6 Delete Vault, Reset all 1P data and the Advanced Setting checkbox were all grayed out and not selectable or changeable.

I needed to install 1P 7 and then Reset All 1P Data to delete the Primary Vault that was now sync'ed only on my local machine, then re-add the new Dropbox sync'ed 1P OPVault data.

1Password continues to be one of the best and most useful apps I use hourly.

• Many thanks for the update and for the kind words @ooglek! I'm glad to hear that everything worked out in the end and that you're still finding 1Password to be a boon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.