Password changed on Mac does not sync to iOS

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited July 2019 in iOS

Today I changed a password in 1Password for Mac. It does not change to iOS (I tried both the beta and the App Store version).

On the other hand, a note I added on iOS did sync to the Mac.

What's going on?

1Password Version: 7.3.3 (70303003)
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1, macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @XIII,

I have a couple of questions:
    1. After making a change on Mac, log into your account with a web browser. Do you see the change there?
    2. If you lock/unlock your iOS device, does the change sync to iOS then?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

It's updated on iOS and web now.

I would like to check the password history on macOS (I checked on iOS and web; it's now OK there), but don't even find that option...

How do I check the password history on macOS?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

PS: Could now check Windows at home: that also synchronized.

Wonder why the macOS - iOS was one-way only for a while...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@XIII: "password history" is just under "saved form details":

Are you seeing it on your Mac now?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

No; I see neither of those buttons (instead tags are right above "last modified").

Note that this is in the Password category, not Login...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Ah, that explains it then. Password items do not have "history", as they're a safety net for generated passwords, and not associated with an actual account (i.e. no username).

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Huh? I do see their history, in both the iOS and the Windows App of 1Password, but I can't find such an option in the macOS App.

Is this just another inconsistency between the platforms, or am I not looking at the right places? (I can be a bad reader sometimes...)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@XIII: Eh. You're totally right! :lol: This isn't part of the spec for Password items...but I guess when the iOS and Windows apps recently got password history this wasn't limited to Logins. Now I'm wondering if there are other places it will show up that I"m not expecting. I'll bring it up with the team. Good catch!

ref: apple-3679

This discussion has been closed.