To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am not sure the question...

Options
coachhomer
coachhomer
Community Member

I have been using the app on the phone and the computer but I kept receiving a pop up window on the computer to subscribe yearly and all of the files were read only on the computer. So I signed up for the free month but I am not sure what that means. So now there is a slick web based 1password interface. How does that work with the app? Do they sync continually? They already did that for me I just couldn't make edits on the computer. So what am I getting for the $3/month?

Thanks,

C

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@coachhomer: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! While a 1Password membership does include a web interface you can use in any modern web browser, that's just a small part of the whole. It also includes all of the 1Password apps and updates, built-in sync that you don't even need to setup, a way to use 1Password across all your devices without purchasing and managing licenses for different versions, and automatic offsite backup for your encrypted data -- among other benefits. Basically, you just sign into your account on each device to access your data, and 1Password does the rest. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• coachhomer
    coachhomer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Brent. So at the end of the month, what happens if I don't want to pay the monthly subscription? Do I still have access to 1password like I did in the past?

C

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@coachhomer: If you don't subscribe by the end of the trial, or you let you subscription lapse later, the account is "frozen" -- i.e. it will be read-only, so you can access your data to export it if you wish. :)

• coachhomer
    coachhomer
    Community Member
    Options

That doesn’t make any sense. I have been using the app on the iPad and phone for a few years with no issues. Now that I have subscribed I won’t be able to use the app anymore and make changes?

• Ben
    Options

@coachhomer

1Password membership is a subscription service. To use the features of it you'd need an active subscription. If you'd prefer to revert to what you had previously that would be possible, but you'd lose the benefits of membership.

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

If as part of the membership trial you've also upgraded your versions of 1Password you may also need to downgrade those back to the versions you're licensed for, or purchase licenses for the new versions.

Ben

• coachhomer
    coachhomer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok how do I downgrade them?

• coachhomer
    coachhomer
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn’t seem smart to pay $4/mo for something that I already paid for as an app.

• Ben
    Options

@coachhomer

The primary difference between having purchased a license and having a membership subscription is that with a subscription you get upgrades. With a license you do not. You'd be "frozen in time" as far as updates are concerned with anything other than a 1Password 7 license at this point. There are number of other advantages as well:

About 1Password membership

We can't recommend using an older version. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to revert to an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. What version of 1Password is your license for?

Ben

• coachhomer
    coachhomer
    Community Member
    Options

I definitely don’t understand. The app just updated on my phone. So updates are happening. How do I find out what version my license is for?

• Ben
    Options

@coachhomer

The app just updated on my phone. So updates are happening.

I'm sorry for the confusion. The mobile apps and the desktop apps are separate products and they work differently, including being licensed differently.

How do I find out what version my license is for?

It'll say on your receipt. If you aren't sure please feel free to email our sales team at sales@1password.com for assistance.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.