To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why Did I Receive This Email?

JayDeePurdie
JayDeePurdie
Community Member

Hello ... I thought after my correspondence with your support on July 16 regarding my upgrade to version 7, that all would be well. About an hour ago I received an email from hello@1password.ca with the following message:

Thanks for signing up!
You're almost ready to go. Click this button to verify your email address and finish setting up your 1Password account.

Verify my account <<<--- this takes me to the web site https://my.1password.ca/register-account/CIEXMSQ4BRBRNM572N7CCOYA2U?l=en
Cheers,
Your friends at 1Password

The first thing this web site asks for is my payment information. What gives?

When I log into my 1Password account at https://my.1password.ca and check my billing info there is the message "Your subscription is active
You are on the Individual Plan, billed annually on August 5. You still have 19 days remaining in your free trial before you will be charged." with my credit card info. The charge is for $40.54 for an annual membership.

Can you please let me know what is happening? My last conversations with your support on July 16 left me with the impression that all was well.

Thanks in advance ... Jay-Dee

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave Version 10.14.5
Sync Type: Apple Environment

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JayDeePurdie: That's the email you receive when signing up for a 1Password membership account. You'd need to verify it in order to complete setup and have an account actually be created. If you haven't done that in response to that email, then it sounds like you've at least started the signup process multiple times, since you mention already having an account. If you've only completed account setup once, then you're good to go and you can ignore it. Otherwise I'd suggest reaching out to support@1password.com and mention that you've got (an) account(s) on our Canadian server so folks with access to that can help you get sorted. You probably just need one membership, after all. :)

This discussion has been closed.