should auto fill links in the form of onepassword7://open_and_fill/ be working in firefox?

LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

when dragging an item from 1password to firefox bookmark managers URL field, a link in the form of "onepassword7://open_and_fill/" followed by a long string is created.

such links used to work in firefox. the website would open and the login details would auto fill. for me this seems to not be working currently w 1p and firefox 68. when selecting such a link, firefox seems to load but the page stays blank and loading never finished.

I do not recall when this stopped working. Is this a known problem?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.5

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@LosInvalidos - we did change the way One Click Bookmarks work, but that was a few years ago, so unless you've been doing this for ages and haven't ever changed them, that won't be the issue. In my testing just now, here, it works as it's always worked, in both Firefox and Safari (didn't test Chrome). You do have to make sure a few things are the case for it to work: the 1Password extension has to be present, updated and active in Firefox. Check Add-Ons to make sure it's all of those things. Firefox should be your default browser as well. If all of this seems to already be the case, then please quit Firefox, then Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Restart both, and see if that changes the behavior any.

By the way, you don't even have to drag to FF's bookmark manager if you don't wish -- you can drag/drop items directly from within 1Password to the Bookmarks toolbar in Firefox (though you'll probably want to rename items). Hope that's helpful. :)

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Seems to work now. Maybe something got stuck.

• Thanks for the update @LosInvalidos. :)

Ben

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Ignore (unsure why I keep running into such links that won't open). re-created the link and now working.

• Glad to hear it, @LosInvalidos. :)

Ben

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

This issue keeps re-apearing. When it happens, no 1p bookmark at all works. So it's not related to wether I recreated it or not. Restarting both 1p + Firefox does not help. I wonder what this could be and that not more users are reporting this. It's happening so frequently that I am considering switching back to normal bookmarks and then filling via shortcut, since that works reliable.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LosInvalidos: have you by chance been updating Firefox in between? You wrote a few times that things stopped working, than started working again, so I wonder if something on your system is changing.

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

This is Firefox 68.0.1 (64-Bit) current stable. The problem happened with other versions of firefox as well (both beta + previous stables)

• Hey @LosInvalidos 👋

Apologies for the delayed response. We've been busy getting back to all of our lovely customers. It would be awesome if you could create a diagnostic report on your Mac and pop it over to me. 😊The following link will show you how to create a report for 1Password. (https://support.1password.com/diagnostics).

If you could attach the diagnostics report to an email message addressed to 'support+forum@agilebits.com'. Within the email please include:

• A link to this thread
    • Your forum username

Once you’ve done that, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Once I’ve got this, I’ll be able to better understand why 1Password isn’t working as perfectly as it should. Cheers! 😊

• artepkc
    artepkc
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

I am also getting this issue on my mac with 1password & chrome. Seems like I can only get one bookmark to successfully auto-fill, then every bookmark opened afterward performs no action at all.

A system reboot seems to fix it, but it always stops working again after opening one bookmark link.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @artepkc! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac so we can see why this is happening to you? You can send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Hi @ag_thom thanks for following up on this bug report. Debug Data sent via email.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@LosInvalidos - did you perhaps use a different email address to send your diagnostics report? I'm not seeing anything from the email address you used to sign up for this forum. Don't post your email address here in this public forum, but you should have received an automated reply from our BitBot assistant. Please post that number here, so we can "connect the dots" and assure this issue gets dealt with as quickly as possible. Thanks! :)

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

@Lars support ID: [#GVB-39194-522]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@LosInvalidos - thanks. One of us will be with you shortly.

ref: GVB-39194-522

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Where you able to check the debug data? For me the issue is easy to reproduce and reproducible 100% of the time. The first attempt at using 1p bookmark after booting works fine, anything else fails.

• Hi @LosInvalidos

Thom replied to your email 5 days ago. Did you receive his message? It looks like he was having trouble opening the diagnostics you sent, but I'm not sure he realized you'd encrypted it with PGP. I've asked him to take another look. In the mean time you may want to verify you received that email from him, to be sure there isn't a problem receiving our emails.

Ben

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@Ben thanks for the reply. Not checking that email account on a regular basis.

As you mention the debug data is indeed encrypted with the Agile Bits PGP key with fingerprint F9F8 9579 AFDF EBB2 D4E9  1BE2 BD58 E71C 42F3 D4D4

Is that not the correct key? Is there a newer OpenPGP key I should be using? Does Thom have access to the secret key in order to decrypt?

• As you mention the debug data is indeed encrypted with the Agile Bits PGP key with fingerprint F9F8 9579 AFDF EBB2 D4E9 1BE2 BD58 E71C 42F3 D4D4

That is the correct key.

Is that not the correct key? Is there a newer OpenPGP key I should be using? Does Thom have access to the secret key in order to decrypt?

He does.

Ben

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Polite ping - have not heard back about this yet.

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Retested and for what it's worth, auto fill using 1P URI Bookmarks seems to be working fine on imac. This is really odd. I was previously reliably able to reproduce the problem, including after system restarts. Baffled as neither the Firefox extension nor 1P desktop app were updated in the meantime.

On MacBook Pro the problem is persisting though. Same Firefox, macOS, 1P versions. :|

• Hey @LosInvalidos!

I’ve been away but I’m currently just in the process of popping you an email with a possible solution that our very own Lars (above) has noticed. Please bare with me. 😊

Thom

This discussion has been closed.