To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to update credit card expiration date

Options
Chuck987
Chuck987
Community Member

I understand I am supposed to add a new card to update the expiration date on my credit card. Can I then delete my old card? Also the add card screen says that it will bill me today. However, my subscription is paid (yearly subscription) until 03/11/2020. Am I going to billed (again) now or on the next yearly date? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Chuck Cruzan

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 12.1.1
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:how do I update card expiration date

Comments

• Hey @Chuck987

Thanks for reaching out to 1Password! My name is Tyler and I would love to help you out with this. In order to update your billing information you'll actually need to add a new card to your account. Once you add the new one, you're more than welcome to delete the old card on file. Adding a new card to your account won't change the bill date so if it says your next invoice isn't until 3/11/20 then you won't be billed today.

When you're ready to your card, please do the following:

1. Log into your account online at https://my.1password.com
    2. Click Billing in the sidebar
    3. Click Add Credit Card
    4. Enter your new card
    5. Click Add Payment Method (the card will be added to your list of available cards)

To automatically use the card you just added for future payments, click it. To remove the old card, click the delete button next to the card.

That should get you up and running but let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

• Chuck987
    Chuck987
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the information. My main concern was the billing date remains the same. Have a good day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that Tyler was able to help! :)

In case you or anyone else is curious, it isn't possible to "update" partial payment details (like the expiration) because we don't store anyone's payment details (our payment processor handles the authorization). But you can always add updated payment info as a new card, and switch to using that for future charges -- which leaves your membership plan and renewal date just as they are. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.