Does 1Password work on a Chromebook / Chrome OS?

124»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We'll get back to you as soon as we're able. :)

• I too will be signing up for the Chrome OS alpha/beta test. I have been a 1password user for years and just recently moved my entire family into the family model. Whoot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! If you've signed up we'll get back to you as soon as we can. :)

• richardc020
    richardc020
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

What does 1P need to allocate proper resources to move it from beta to public? Higher adoption? Certain revenue? Customer fandom? Other?

• richardc020
    richardc020
    Community Member

Finally I just read that 1 Password X exists. Now seeing if it runs on Chrome OS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

What does 1P need to allocate proper resources to move it from beta to public? Higher adoption? Certain revenue? Customer fandom? Other?

@richardc020: We released it publicly back in November! :chuffed:

Finally I just read that 1 Password X exists. Now seeing if it runs on Chrome OS.

It does. ;)

Get to know 1Password X

Anyone who hasn't checked it out yet definitely should. Cheers! :) :+1:

• zoombag68
    zoombag68
    Community Member

Long time 1Password user; new forum member; new chrombook user. Have individual and family licenses that work on my Windows, Apple and Android devices. New chrombook to address various issues for my wife, a tech adverse, avid browser, shopper, consumer of streaming music.

Looks like my family license won't work to sign into 1Password X. Of course Chrome syncs across all devices so 1Password X just knocked out the 1Password extension on my wife's Windows PC and Android phone. Solution is another Google account for her Chrombook, but obviously not if I'm locked out because we don't have a monthly plan.

Please confirm the above or tell me how to get around the "Secret Key" entry for 1Password X sign in. Without an entry in that field the sign in button is not available.

• Hi @zoombag68. 1Password X requires a 1Password.com subscription membership. When you create an account within a membership your device will generate a Secret Key for your account. Licenses for our standalone apps do not include 1Password.com membership. If you’d like to transition over to membership so that you can get in on the benefit that 1Password X provides (as well as a host of other benefits) please feel free to reach out to us at support@1password.com and we’ll be happy to help you transition over.

Ben

• richardc020
    richardc020
    Community Member

We're back thanks to 1Password X which is simply everything we'd been wanting across so many platforms for so many years. Hallelujah, the triumph over years of all at AgileBits, thank you too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to let us know! It's great to hear that 1Password X is serving you so well. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.