How do I hide 1Password7 ad in 1Password mini?

I can't believe I have to ask this, but how do I hide the "1Password 7 is now available!" ad in 1Password mini that started showing up recently? This is doubly infuriating because I already own 1Password 7 licenses (both Mac and Windows) but I choose not to use it on Mac because the user experience for me is worse in several ways than 1Password 6.

I also urge you to reconsider whatever marketing or sales decisions led to an ad being added to a (fairly expensive) paid application. This is user experience poison.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.4
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• bench
    bench
    Community Member

Screenshot of what I'm talking about:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bench,

I don't believe there is a way to hide that banner. I will raise the subject with the developers though to see what I can learn.

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

Ditto, that's epically bad.... basically spamming. Show it as a one off tip but my god let people get rid of it. Seriously. It's driving me nuts. I would upgrade except I'm still debating whether to or not, and stunts like this put me off. Along with the removal of list view among other things.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bench and @warpspeed:

That line should only stay there for the current session. Can you please try completely quitting 1Password (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar > Quit 1Password Completely) and relaunch the app?

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member

@ag_ana thanks, restarted 1Password Mini and it disappeared. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@warpspeed, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.