I added my girlfriend to my 1password Family account but she can't access it

jorgelp94
jorgelp94
Community Member

I upgraded my account to Family and sent her an invite. She created a 1password account within the 1password app she already had and then opened my invite email. She joined but whenever she accesses her account she can't se anything related to the Family. I was planning on removing her account but I saw a warning popup saying that she would be removed from my family and all her private vault could be lost. What can I do?

1Password Version: iOS 7.3.3
Extension Version: 1.15.6
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jorgelp94: Thanks for getting in touch. It's hard to say right off the bat, but I'd suggest checking where you have data stored. After joining the family membership, she'd have access to the Shared vault...but if you don't have data there, just in your Private vault, that won't be accessible to anyone but you. What are the names of the vaults she sees in the app on her device?

• jorgelp94
    jorgelp94
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your response! I do have just one password on the shared vault and I can see that apparently she already is inside the shared vault. When she logs in to her account, the only thing there is her private vault.

Another weird thing is that when I go ahead and look at her profile from my account I see her last session was on Sunday around 8:00 pm but I saw her 2 days ago and she logged in again and I still see that same last session date. I confirmed she has the same email address in her account and when I check her profile from my account.

• @jorgelp94

One possibility is that you haven't confirmed her account yet:

After each account is set up, you’ll receive an email notification. Click the link in the email to confirm each account.

Did you get that email, and click the link? The other possibility is that she has created a membership separate from your 1Password Families membership, and she is signing into that one instead. She can check what accounts she has under her email address by using the page here:

https://my.1password.com/support

When she enters her email on that page 1Password will send her a listing of the accounts she has.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.