error msg: unknown is connected but its code signature could not be verified

Hi! Today I started to see this error message on a particular site. I'm using Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) - most recent update on a Windows 10 box. I've restarted the browser and the machine - but the error remains. Any ideas on what's possibly going on? Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unknown is connected but its code signature could not be verified

Comments

• I've moved your post to the 1Password 4 category since that's the version you're using, @cpcosmo. I hope you don't mind. :chuffed: You'll also find your answer in this pinned thread in this category found here. In short, it sounds like you were hit a bit late with an issue related to Chrome's new signing certificate. This started with Chrome 72, so perhaps you got caught a bit behind and jumped several versions at once. Regardless, this is expected behavior now with 1Password 4, but there are options and you'll find them laid out in the linked thread. Of course, if you have any questions, I'm happy to help. :+1:

• Stivan
    Stivan
    Community Member

How much is the standalone license for upgrading from 1Password 4? I can only find subscription pricing on the site. Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stivan: At the moment, it's at a promotional price of about 50$US, and will go up to the regular price of 65 at some point. All of that's within the app itself: if you set it up with a standalone vault, you'll have the option to purchase to remove the read-only restriction.

This discussion has been closed.