Is there a way of changing the default account for adding new logins?

I have a personal and a work account - both added to the 1password x extension. If I add a new login, by pressing +, I don't get to choose which account it should be added to, it just opens my personal (probably the one I signed into first). I'd like to be able to change the default or explicitly choose which account I should add the login to.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:default vault 1password x

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @fatso83! You bring up a good point here. The default account for manually saving a new Login the way you're describing would be the first one you added to 1Password X. To change that, you can remove the first account you added on the 1Password X Settings page, then re-add the account. I agree we could improve that workflow. I've reported it to my team so we can think of ways to make the process more intuitive in the future. :)

ref: x/b5x#1282

• ephur
    ephur
    Community Member

+1 for this, it would be good to be able to choose it per item. It's currently a huge hassle!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@ephur – Thanks for your input! We're in the process of testing out some new functionality with this, so I may have some good news for you soon. I'll be sure and update this thread as I have new info.

• emdeezy
    emdeezy
    Community Member

+1 for request to make a quick keystroke instead of a hassle workaround to enlist a different 1P account. I also have a personal and work account and the quick ability to chose between the two for different reasons would be brilliant!

• Hey @emdeezy! Thanks for sharing your perspective here. We're happy to receive all the feedback we can get! I've added your request as a +1 to the report Kaitlyn mentioned above. :) We'll be sure to keep you in the loop.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @fatso83, @ephur, and @emdeezy! I wanted to reach out and let you know that we've added the ability to select your default account for saving to the Settings page in the recent 1Password X beta. If you’re willing, you can install the beta now. If you’d prefer to remain on the stable build, a fix should be making its way to you soon. :)

• iriedread
    iriedread
    Community Member

Does anyone know if this is now available in the stable build?

• Hey @iriedread, thanks for your interest! It hasn't made its way to the stable build yet, but if you want to try it out now then you can install the 1Password X beta and give it a spin as Kaitlyn mentioned. If you have any questions about installing the beta or spot something that's not quite right in the beta then we're here for you! :smile:

• iriedread
    iriedread
    Community Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I installed the beta version, and it solves the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Harry, you are welcome @iriedread! And thank you for the update!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.