1Password 6 for Android

Klezper
Klezper
Community Member

Hello
I have purchased a new Samsung Galaxy s 10 and after syncing with my old phone the 1password 7 is installed in the phone. This means that it is not possible for me to use the app and my hands are tied. I would like to update to 1Password 7 in my Mac as well but it's to old for a newer version. So how can I do to use 1Password 6 in my new phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 android

Comments

• Hi @Klezper. You should indeed be able to use 1Password 7 on your phone. Can you elaborate a bit on the problem you're having there? Are you using a 1Password membership or the standalone version? Also, what version of macOS are you running on the Mac, and what version of 1Password do you have installed there?

• jarg
    jarg
    Community Member

Hi, I have a similar issue. My phone automatically updated to the latest 1password7 and now I can not edit any of the items without having to pay. For years I have not had to pay to edit my info on the Android phone. I would like to go back to 1password6 on the Android since I will remain using the standalone 1Password6 I purchased in 2015 for my Mac. So how can we downgrade to version 6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jarg: Outdated versions of our mobile apps are not available. 1Password for Android version 7 is the same app as version 6, just a newer release of it, so that has no impact on your use of it. The issue will be that it will need to be installed using the Google Account used for the purchase, and using that same Google Account to restore the purchase. The Google Play store can't validate the purchase to unlock the Pro Features otherwise.

• jarg
    jarg
    Community Member

So since I had the feature to edit the items on my phone before, you are saying I had to have already purchased the Pro Features at one time, correct? Now that the app updated to 1Password7 the Pro Features should have automatically been turned on?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jarg: I have zero information about what you've purchased (or not), so I can only tell you the way Google Play store purchases work. The best thing to do would be to check your records, as you'd have received an email receipt. That should also tell you the correct Google Account to use.

This discussion has been closed.