Slow performance of 1Password 7 on Mojave

Comments

• hockeynut
    hockeynut
    Community Member

I am on latest macOS Mojave (10.14.3) and its painfully slow. Sometimes its slow starting the mini, and sometimes its slow after entering my password to login. When I say slow I mean at least 30 seconds and often over a minute.

I've tried the mini restart thing, watchtower disable, and reboot my laptop. Problem still persists.

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
    AgileBits Store

Normally I use Chrome, but also slow with Firefox and Safari.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hockeynut,

Thank you for reporting this! I noticed that you posted your message in a discussion about 1Password 7 for Windows, which is totally different from 1Password 7 for Mac, so I went ahead and moved your message to a new discussion in a Mac category. I hope you don't mind.

I will discuss this issue with our team and we will get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@hockeynut:

I talked to our team. Could you please try to install the latest beta version of 1Password 7 for Mac from here and check, if it works better for you?

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member

I had the same problem and the latest beta seems to be a lot faster. It's an intermittent problem though, so I'll report here should the issue return with the beta.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Arnoud,

Thank you for chipping in! Let us know if the issue returns in beta. :+1:

++
    Greg

• hockeynut
    hockeynut
    Community Member

I too am having issues with slowness on Mac. Sometimes takes almost a minute to come up. Same slowness with Chrome, FF, Safari or stand-alone app.

I've rebooted, turned off Watchtower, etc.

macOS, latest w/updates
    1Password 7
    Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
    AgileBits Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hockeynut! Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried the latest Beta as recommended by Greg already? Do you see better performance with it?

• hockeynut
    hockeynut
    Community Member

Will try the beta today. Thx!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @hockeynut! Let us know how things go :)

• Marc Tiedemann
    Marc Tiedemann
    Community Member

Hello, I had the same sluggishness behaviour with 1PW over the last couple of days. Not to the extend like the OP but a couple of seconds which was enough to break the workflow and annoy me.

I downloaded the BETA and everything is back to the usual behaviour. Also like the style improvements! 👍

• Glad to hear the improvements in the beta have helped! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.