To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Multiple mac devices

catscout
catscout
Community Member

I'm using 1password in my macOS and iOS devices (at least in 4 devices).
The cost is a bit steep (36 € for year is not small quantity)
And why should I change my Keychain from dropbox to your servers?
And another cloud for files? If I could only swatch from dropbox to 1password, now that they are forcing us to use subscription model also (more 130 € per year) So you see that the money is not flexible for everything. 25 € each 2 or 3 years are very different than 36 € each year.

But now the main question: If I install the 1password 7 in may desktop mac with subscription mode how an i synchronize with 1password in my iOS devices (I do not use windows or android).

1Password Version: 1password 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.16
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @catscout and welcome to our forums! There are quite a few reasons you might want to switch to a 1Password account, not least of which is switching away from syncing via Dropbox entirely. We've got a great overview of the benefits of a 1Password account in our support guide here:

About 1Password Membership

You'll also get a 30-day free trial to decide if it's worth it to you. For me, always having the latest versions of the 1Password apps and having the new super-seamless syncing included with an account makes the $36/year price worth it (not to mention the extra features like secure document storage, Travel Mode, and Item History). On the topic of syncing, let me answer that second question of yours...

If I install 1Password 7 on my Mac desktop with subscription mode how can i synchronize with 1Password in my iOS devices?

With a 1Password account, we take care of the syncing for you. All you have to do is sign in to your 1Password account on each of your devices, and your associated Personal vault will be seamlessly and securely synced between all of them.

To help you start a new account and switch all your data and devices to it (such that syncing works auto-magically) you can follow our lovely migration guide here in full:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Let me know if you have any more questions, or if you'd like any more help as you get set up. I'll be right here for you. Thanks for using 1Password!

Cheers,
    Henry

This discussion has been closed.