To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

cannot write to mini

Options
helmkyny
helmkyny
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Memberships

1 of two computers cannot write to mini. I'm OK with abandoning passwords on the read-only and linking to mini. If that does not happen, please cancel whatever there is to cancel.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how can I leave this program forever?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @helmkyny!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "cannot write to mini"? What can you not write exactly?

If you mean that the 1Password main app is read-only instead, and if this happens on just one of your two computers, can you please make sure that the two computers are running the same version of 1Password? If I had to guess, I would say that one computer is running 1Password 6, and the other is running 1Password 7, which is a paid upgrade and requires a license purchase (or a 1Password Membership), otherwise it will become read only.

• helmkyny
    helmkyny
    Community Member
    Options

My computers are
    Hot Stuff C2QGQ02DDRJ9 6.8.9
    C2QGQ02DDRJ9
    Rhondz FVFX30CYJ9K3 7.3.1
    FVFX30CYJ9K3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@helmkyny: I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you clarify? What are the exact steps you're taking, and what is/isn't happening as you expect?

• helmkyny
    helmkyny
    Community Member
    Options

so the two computers are running different versions. What now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@helmkyny: I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish, so if you'd let me know that would help us make better progress. :)

Do you have a 1Password membership? Or did you purchase a specific version of a 1Password app?

• helmkyny
    helmkyny
    Community Member
    Options

On 7/19, I posted:
    My computers are
    Hot Stuff C2QGQ02DDRJ9
    Rhonda FVFX30CYJ9K3
    Apparently I need to upgrade Hot Stuff from 6.8.9 to 7.3.1. How do I do that?

"Do you have a 1Password membership? Or did you purchase a specific version of a 1Password app?"
    I do not know. It was a long time ago. Please check your records.

• helmkyny
    helmkyny
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to make the program useful, rather than worse than useless, as it is now. I do not see the ambiguity that puzzles your team. If you have a user manual, please send me a copy. Flow-charts would help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@helmkyny

Apparently I need to upgrade Hot Stuff from 6.8.9 to 7.3.1. How do I do that?

Have you tried downloading 1Password 7.3.1 on that device? Once installed and confirmed that everything migrated properly, you can remove version 6.8.9.

If you have a user manual, please send me a copy. Flow-charts would help.

You can find all of our tutorials and videos on our support site.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@helmkyny: If you purchased 1Password "a long time ago", you won't have a membership; you will have a license for the specific version you paid for. Please check your records for that, as you'd have received an email receipt regardless of where/when you purchased it. I'm not going to look up or discuss anything we might have here, because I have no idea who you are, and this is a public forum, so we're not going to discuss any customer information. And if you purchased through Apple, we will have no record of it at all.

As best I can tell from the few comments you've made here, you're using 1Password 7 on a Mac; you won't have a license for that unless you purchased in the last year or so; and you won't have a membership unless you signed up for a subscription within the past few years. In that case, 1Password 7 will be restricted to read-only. So you'd either need to pay for the license or get a membership to remove that restriction, or continue using whichever version you paid for. I don't know what that would be though, or where you bought it.

I'm sorry we're not able to be more helpful than this so far, but we can only go by what you've given us to work with. If you can be specific about what you have and what you're trying to do, I'm sure we can get you sorted. :)

• helmkyny
    helmkyny
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I expect that to help. I'll try to determine how I got to the status quo and respond meaningfully,

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @helmkyny. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@helmkyny: If we need to go into specifics as far as discussing your purchase details, etc., please shoot us an email at sales@1password.com so we -- both you and us -- can do so more freely without putting your privacy at risk. :)

This discussion has been closed.