Copy to clipboard not work on Firefox 69 (running on Windows 7-64bit)

sbw
sbw
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm using 1password extensions (name "1Password X – Password Manager") v1.15.2 in Firefox 69. which is running on Windows 7 64bit system.
When click the "copy" button on password field, the popup windows is closed but not any data copy to system clipboard.

The previous version of 1password extension is worked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Windows 7 64Bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @sbw – thanks for getting this on our radar! I was able to reproduce the issue on my Mac as well. We've got it reported to the team, and we'll be working on a fix before the nightly build is pushed to stable. :)

ref: x/b5x-1249

• roblach
    roblach
    Community Member

Has this update been pushed since I am still having this problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@roblach: Firefox is currently at version 67, and I'm not having any issues there. Are you having issues with that, or just their prerelease browser? Please let us know the specifics: exact OS, browser, and extension versions involved. Thanks!

• roblach
    roblach
    Community Member

I'm having this issue with Firefox 69.0a1 (Nightly), both on Darwin 18.0.0 and Windows 10

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Thanks for the extra details, @roblach! We've got the issue reported to our developers, and we'll continue to look for a fix. :)

ref: x/b5x#1249

• alexsasharegan
    alexsasharegan
    Community Member

Also having this issue using Firefox Developer Edition v69.0b1 on Linux (Pop!_OS 19.04). Only the copy to clipboard functionality seems to be affected. I believe the breaking upgrade came this morning, and I usually catch upgrades the day they release. My FF Developer Edition runs on the Aurora update channel.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @alexsasharegan – thanks for chiming in here! We've been able to reproduce the issue on macOS and Windows as well. :( It's a bummer, but we're working on getting it resolved ASAP. I'm sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime, though.

• donald_i
    donald_i
    Community Member

Hi - I use 1Password with Firefox Dev Edition on Linux and as of today I cannot copy passwords from the browser extension either. (FF 69.0b1, 1Password extension version 1.15.3. :(

• angry_developer
    angry_developer
    Community Member

FF 69.0b1, 1Password extension version 1.15.3 and Copy not working again. Maybe your developers need to create some unit test for this feature?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@angry_developer: It's something we're looking into, but I'm not sure how "unit tests" would help; this isn't due to a change in 1Password, but in a prerelease browser. And it wouldn't have been possible to preemptively do a test on something that did not exist when this version of 1Password shipped. ;)

• riccardobrasca
    riccardobrasca
    Community Member

It is the same for me, but I use firefox ESR stable, 60.7.2esr (64 bit).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@riccardobrasca – Thanks for the report! I tested it out myself, and you should still be able to fill with 1Password X and use the drag and drop feature.

• ostoh
    ostoh
    Community Member

Somehow, I am also experiencing the same issue on Firefox Dev Edition v69 running 1Password X v1.15.3 on macOS 10.13. I am not able to copy from the addon.

• janlghr
    janlghr
    Community Member

Same issue on Arch Linux with FF Developer Edition (69.0b4 (64-bit)) and 1Password X (1.15.4)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

We appreciate you letting us know you're running into the same issue, @ostoh and @janlghr! It's on our radar, and our devs are hard at work. I know I've mentioned this before, but drag and drop should work for now.

• lucacasonato
    lucacasonato
    Community Member

This report concerns one of the main 1PasswordX features and it is already 2 months old and still hasn't been fixed. Firefox 69 is now in beta and will be in stable in 5 weeks. I don't know what your (beta)testing flow looks like, but you should really get a fix for this out ASAP. Would be very, very annoying if the copy paste functionality was broken in FF stable.

Is there at least any update on the issue? Is this a FF issue (if so what is bugzilla #) or is this 1Password specific? Do you use the async Clipboard API or execCommand to do the copying?

I hope that this will be fixed very very very ASAP.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @lucacasonato,

I believe it is being worked on but at the moment I'm unable to say when it will be available for our Firefox users. I will see if there is any update from the developers that I can share.

• ScottyChoc
    ScottyChoc
    Community Member

Glad to see this is being worked on after searching for answers on this. I didn't realize there was drag-and-drop functionality until reading through this thread, that reduces the frustration greatly.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@ScottyChoc – I'm glad you caught my drag and drop comment! It's such an underrated feature.

I'll update this thread once the copy button is fixed in Firefox Nightly. As of right now, version 1.16.0 is ready to go, but it needs to go through Mozilla's review process. It shouldn't be too much longer, so stay tuned. :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@sbw, @roblach, @alexsasharegan, @donald_i, @angry_developer, @riccardobrasca, @ostoh, @janlghr, @lucacasonato, and @ScottyChoc – I bring good news! The issue that prevented you from copying values from the 1Password X popup in Firefox Nightly/Developer Edition has been resolved in 1Password X version 1.16.0. If you haven't already received an automatic update, you can find out how to update manually here. Let me know if you have any questions!

• lucacasonato
    lucacasonato
    Community Member

Perfect! Just got the update :-)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@lucacasonato - Awesome! :lol:

• woakas
    woakas
    Community Member

Thank you!!! It works like a charm