Can you help me with family setup?

cdkmek
cdkmek
Community Member

I access 1Password through both iPad and iPhone. Then scroll to my 1Password Account and tap the website link. It automatically plugs in information then quickly removes Secret Key. I click on Secret Key and it appears I have multiple options to re-enter Secret Key #. None get me through. Whats happening?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:help

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cdkmek!

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do exactly? If you are already using 1Password on your iPad and iPhone, is there a reason why you are trying to login to the 1Password website?

• cdkmek
    cdkmek
    Community Member

I use 1password app on IOS devices to quickly get into my login's. There account settings and other quick links available at the "my.1password account site". I was able to access it this way yesterday, what changed?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cdkmek: I am sorry, I am still not sure what you are asking. Are you having issues accessing your 1Password account in a browser, or are you having issues unlocking the 1Password app on your iOS device?

• cdkmek
    cdkmek
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

I'm able to unlock and gain access to the 1Password app. While in the app I try to gain access to my1Password account by clicking on the website link for my 1Password account. It quickly takes me to the website and automatically loads in the entry fields, "Email, Secret Key, and Master Password". Then with in 2 seconds the Secret Key# is automatically removed from the field. I tried manually entering it in and it didn't take the secret key. Next I went to 1password.com and successfully logged in from there. Why can't I get in the first way?

• cdkmek
    cdkmek
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

An unrelated question,

If I want to go through say the Amazon App versus the Amazon website I need to first bring up the Amazon app, go to login, and then gain access to the 1Password login information, correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cdkmek: thank you for the clarification! I cannot reproduce the issue here, the Secret Key is not removed for me. What version of the 1Password app are you currently using, and what iOS version are you currently on?

If I want to go through say the Amazon App versus the Amazon website I need to first bring up the Amazon app, go to login, and then gain access to the 1Password login information, correct?

If you use AutoFill in iOS 12, you can make things even easier: just launch the Amazon app and tap on the proper account that comes up, and 1Password will fill your information for you without having to go back to the 1Password app ;)

This discussion has been closed.