Hide "1password 7 is now available!"

I'm a 1password 6 licensed owner and I don't intend to upgrade to 1password 7 because I don't like the subscription model. I am now seeing a "1password 7 is now available!" item at the top of the menu when I open 1password mini in my browser or menu bar. How can I hide or get rid of it?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brandont!

The message is designed to only appear once, and it should disappear automatically when you launch the app again. If you Quit 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q -- do you see it when opening 1Password again?

• urbansheep
    urbansheep
    Community Member

It seems that “appear once” works only if you manually shut down the 1P Mini.

I came here for the same reason. After rebooting several times I still saw the annoying baner for the 1P 7 at the top of the Mini's popup. After quitting Mini and restarting 1P the banner was gone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @urbansheep! And welcome to the forum :)

• metamorphic
    metamorphic
    Community Member

Thanks for the post @urbansheep. I came to the forum to search for an answer on how to hide the announcement. I am running an old version of OS X that is not supported by 1Password 7, so the announcement is irrelevant.

• @metamorphic

We couldn't recommend continued use of an unsupported operating system. Keeping up to date with OS releases is really important.

Ben

• @brandont

It is possible to license 1Password 7 for Mac and use it without a membership. 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• casperghst42
    casperghst42
    Community Member

@Ben, as a 1password6 users I fully understand your statement, both for practical/security reasons, and for financial reasons. I did go out and paid for 1password7 license, but after seeing 1password7 Mini I switched back to 1password6. The nice thing about mini6 is that when you have selected what you want it disappears again, where as with mini7 it does not - which is frustrating if you use it 50-100 times a day.

On a side note, with the change to DropBox's end user terms, and the number of devices - for people who have non-apple devices enpass which support WebDav now is a viable contender.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The nice thing about mini6 is that when you have selected what you want it disappears again, where as with mini7 it does not - which is frustrating if you use it 50-100 times a day.

@casperghst42: That does sound frustrating, but I've never seen and heard of that before. Can you tell me the specific OS, 1Password, browser, and extensions versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is/isn't happening as you expect? I'm not sure what would cause that, but I'm happy to look into it.

• Humperdink
    Humperdink
    Community Member

I have been a 1Password customer for a very long time and I'm not interested in paying a monthly charge. And it looks like 1Password is making it difficult to continue to use 1password version 6.89. I guess I will start looking for a replacement.(bummer).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Humperdink: The upgrade notice only shows up once. If you quit 1Password, you won't see it the next time you open it. It won't necessarily be easy to continue using outdated software, but that's a function of the fact that everything else in the technology landscape will continue to change, not anything to do with 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.